Chapala.com Webboard

bus travel from los angeles to guadalajara

bdmowers

What's the best way to travel by bus from Los Angeles to Guadalajara? Is there a bus that makes the whole trip? Or do you go to a Mexican border city then to Guad? It seems most Mexican bus companies do not have Tijuana terminals. Which company has the best and/or least expensive service?

We have buses that go San Cristobal DLC Chiapas Guadalajara Tijuana so they exist. I will ask fortheir name. One of the artisans travelled on one and it was an amazingly good bus. It stopped on the pereferico in Guadalara not in the long distance bus station.

What's the best way to travel by bus from Los Angeles to Guadalajara? Is there a bus that makes the whole trip? Or do you go to a Mexican border city then to Guad? It seems most Mexican bus companies do not have Tijuana terminals. Which company has the best and/or least expensive service?

I presume a bus from downtown LA to San Diego on Greyhound would be available all day long or smaller bus lines from LA to TJ or San Ysirdo I see all the time. Taking the trolley from downtown SD to the border is cheap [sD Greyhound terminal is a few blocks from the southbound trolley line]. You could walk across, take care of any INM business there, and take a cab to the TJ bus terminal for about $150,00 pesos.

Bus companies usually have areas they serve. Northern west Mexico, northern east Mexico, central Mexico, southern east Mexico and southern west Mexico. So TJ has northern west Mexico lines but some go to Gudalajara. It is just that you have to transfer from a bus line from TJ to another bus line in Guadalajara that serves the areas further south, I would imagine.

At the large bus terminal in TJ you can buy tickets to most places in Mexico but when talking to them the further south or east you go the ticket has a transfer to another bus line they have a contract with to sell their tickets. [probably for a commision]

Checking bus lines on-line I would check fares in 2 segments or more to go that far for the best price. Culiacan is a big destination and transfer stop as I think Mazatlán might be from TJ.

I just checked ETN on-line and Turistar Lujo, an ETN aquisition, states it goes from TJ to Guadalajara with many stops for $1575.00 pesos.

i would take etn lujo from tijuana to gdl.... leaves at 6 30 pm (example 2-24 arrive 6 am 2-26

2,195 pesos

goes tijuana mexicalli

mexi-hermosillo

hermo-obregon

obregon-mochis

maz-zapopan

zapopan=central gdl

you will have a first class airline type seat with internet and movies on the private screen in front of you... a leg module to rest your legs and recline the seat.

the normal bus lines would be just un comfortable.....

It's been a while but we TWICE took Greyhound bus from San Diego to Calexico, walked across border (now in Mexicali), and then took bus from Mexicali - Guad. At the time, being in TJ was considered pretty dangerous and Calexico/Mexicali was an easy option.

First trip did in daytime only segments -- Mexicali--Hermosillo; Hermosillo -- Mazatlan; then Mazatlan - Guad.

Second time bought ticket straight through -- yes, there are stops, but never long, and you save on time and hotel bills.

And BTW "paradise", there are other buses besides ETN that are perfectly comfortable, altho' not with 3 seats per row.

Archived