Chapala.com Webboard

Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana

Intercasa

A client sent me an email from someone claiming to work at aduana at the airport and who is offering nationalization services. It seemed fishy so we called aduana and the person does not work for aduana, they said she does not work there even though she puts in her email signature that she does, also the phone number listed is for a private customs broker and not aduana.

I do not know about her abilities to nationalize cars but consumers must be aware that they are dealing with a private company and not a governmental agency, keep this in mind when handing over large sums of money, in this case she was asking for more then $45,000 pesos. Anybody nationalizing should get the quote in writing and get a contract.

A client sent me an email from someone claiming to work at aduana at the airport and who is offering nationalization services. It seemed fishy so we called aduana and the person does not work for aduana, they said she does not work there Anybody nationalizing should get the quote in writing and get a contract.

Intercasa,can cars be legally nationalized thru customs brokers at the GDl airport?

TIA.

Nobody does it at the airport, saying that is like saying you nationalized your car at Burger King, sure they take your money and papers there but they still send everything to the northern border.

Intercasa,can cars be legally nationalized thru customs brokers at the GDl airport?

TIA.

I think you are asking can a broker who is located at the airport nationalize vehicles and yes that broker can. He is sending everything to the border like every broker does but his location is at the airport, not the border.

I think you are asking can a broker who is located at the airport nationalize vehicles and yes that broker can. He is sending everything to the border like every broker does but his location is at the airport, not the border.

Yes that is what I was asking,it might be worth paying extra if it saves you from having to drive to the border.

Another forum member,jrm3055,was able to do it thru a broker at the airport.

I did, and you need to read it again. The answer is NO.

Maybe you'll get it on the third try.

Spencer said, "I do not know about her abilities to nationalize cars..",he didn't say she couldn't do it.

I personally know of two persons who handed money over and nothing happened

and one broker who collected the money and said you can drive with me to the border ,

when the got the border some problem was said to exist and another 15000 pesos had to be paid.

be careful he you hire, they know how to fleece you.

spencer saved me from driving around in stolen plates, a lawyer in ajijic gave me,

upon confrontation with the lawyer, my car is now registered in Jalisco legally but the lawyer in Ajijic, has lied to me, and never delivered the Title to the car.

I do not have the pedimento, says I need to pay him another $2500 again to get title,

I can drive the car legally but can not sell it.

be careful I used a trusted lawyer in Ajijic who great references,

and he got caught selling Jalisco registration the came up as stolen plates.

he knew the plates were bad he did not contact and let me for a month drive with stolen plates until I found out from spencer my plates were listed as stolen, spencer saved me from going to jail and having my car impounded if I was stopped by the police.

several other peoples cars were impounded and people hired a lawyer to avoid jail.

what a mess

I trust spencer he is my hero

this lawyer in Ajijic is still doing business as if nothing happened.

it appears he tells his customers everything is ok and fixed all the fake registrations with money out of his pocket.

and that he got caught in a fraud by a disshonest government employee.

this is a false story he is given out

yes he did get my car registered in Jalisco, but still wants $2500 US again to get my pedimentp Title.

about 40 people were involved in this fraud.

I do not know of anyone being made whole

so be careful, even those Mexican lawyers with great references can fool you and take your money

Yes that is what I was asking,it might be worth paying extra if it saves you from having to drive to the border.

Another forum member,jrm3055,was able to do it thru a broker at the airport.

Yep, sure did. Everything went fine and I just got my tag for the year with no problems.

Cost was more than going to the border but less than what it would have cost in time, tolls, gas etc.

I have no idea how the actual mechanics of all this worked. I took everything to a broker at the airport, two weeks later went for the inspection and had the tags a couple of days later.

I would imagine that in todays era of electronic communications, it was all scanned and sent electronically somewhere and then sent back the same way.

I had a conversation with a broker in Nogales, AZ about nationalizing my 2008 Pathfinder with Maval Group, Alfredo Pliego C.(520) 3770592, a reputable broker. The total cost was $870.00 which includes the broker's fee of $100.00, which, apparently is the maximum they can charge. Luckily for me, I'll be returning from Canada & will do it then. I can't believe people are paying over $3000.00 to have some 3rd party do this for them instead of driving to the border. I was going to drive to Laredo, but decided to do it on the way back from Canada. Not only that, but it takes only a couple of hours to do it instead of waiting for months while the 3rd party holds your money and in some cases never gets it done anyway.

Maybe there is a confusion of terms. What is the "regularization" which allows plates for Jalisco, versus "nationalization" that Lic. Marta Duernas Pena of the customs brokers writes about? Maybe some people just want a vehicle they can run until the wheels fall off. In my case - at least another 300,000 kms.

Maybe there is a confusion of terms. What is the "regularization" which allows plates for Jalisco, versus "nationalization" that Lic. Marta Duernas Pena of the customs brokers writes about? Maybe some people just want a vehicle they can run until the wheels fall off. In my case - at least another 300,000 kms.

I think that is the question which needs an answer. Can one get Jalisco plates, without out actually importing the car permanently; as in nationalization? Can it be done for an older J-car? If so, where and how much does it cost?

No opinions, please. Just the facts.

Facts, as in substantive law, may be difficult at this time - there is a lot of politics at play. The "Peoples' Friend", the PRI and the UDC seem to be pushing for "regularization" (which I GUESS is an amnesty) and then closing the border tight. They seem to be asking everyone to register their foreign plated vehicles so when the times comes, they can contact those owners. I am (guessing again) that getting in early makes sure of a positive outcome. The cost to P.R.I. is free, U.D.C. is 300 pesos per year.

here is an article:

http://www.zocalo.com.mx/seccion/articulo/promueven-regularizacion-de-vehiculos-extranjeros

I personally know of two persons who handed money over and nothing happened

and one broker who collected the money and said you can drive with me to the border ,

when the got the border some problem was said to exist and another 15000 pesos had to be paid.

be careful he you hire, they know how to fleece you.

spencer saved me from driving around in stolen plates, a lawyer in ajijic gave me,

upon confrontation with the lawyer, my car is now registered in Jalisco legally but the lawyer in Ajijic, has lied to me, and never delivered the Title to the car.

I do not have the pedimento, says I need to pay him another $2500 again to get title,

I can drive the car legally but can not sell it.

be careful I used a trusted lawyer in Ajijic who great references,

and he got caught selling Jalisco registration the came up as stolen plates.

he knew the plates were bad he did not contact and let me for a month drive with stolen plates until I found out from spencer my plates were listed as stolen, spencer saved me from going to jail and having my car impounded if I was stopped by the police.

several other peoples cars were impounded and people hired a lawyer to avoid jail.

what a mess

I trust spencer he is my hero

this lawyer in Ajijic is still doing business as if nothing happened.

it appears he tells his customers everything is ok and fixed all the fake registrations with money out of his pocket.

and that he got caught in a fraud by a disshonest government employee.

this is a false story he is given out

yes he did get my car registered in Jalisco, but still wants $2500 US again to get my pedimentp Title.

about 40 people were involved in this fraud.

I do not know of anyone being made whole

so be careful, even those Mexican lawyers with great references can fool you and take your money

Can you share this persons name? Others may be unaware that they have been victims of fraud and sharing his or her name will also prevent people from being taken advantage of in

the future.

Archived