Chapala.com Webboard

Lost Passport.

Jistme

This is a VERY long-shot.

Sometime over the weekend I misplaced my Passport, it was in a soft brightly embroidered eyeglass case, the kind sold at the markets.

My name and phone No. were included in a side pocket.

Reason for carrying it around; I had used it as identification at a security seminar..I know, I know.

If anyone found this, it would save me a lot of time and effort reapplying for a replacement.

Reward offered.

Moderator I hope I'm allowed to bring this subject up again.

So far there's been no response to my appeal.

I think the next step is to report the Passport as lost, I've been delaying this move, hoping to avoid the time, and

hassle of applying for a renewal.

Was it your actual passport or a copy of it? I ask because a small bag with a copy of a passport was turned into the American Legion yesterday, found on the Chapala malecon by the Policia. I didn't see the bag, but someone else told me that a small bag was turned in. Might be worth a shot to check there?

saege007, thanks for your response, but unfortunately it wasn't a copy, it was the genuine thing.

I've already contacted the Canadian Passport authorities and reported the loss.

Now comes the tedious task of turning in a written statement to the local police station as requested by the Passport office, obtaining new photo's,

filling in forms, scanning copies of everything to Guadalajara, not to mention the expense of a new passport, and the UPS. postage.

I mention this as a caution for anyone carrying their passport around for some reason, keep your eye on it, wish I had!

Archived