Chapala.com Webboard

Maid stopped entering La Floresta

stoneleigh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One good way to test your security, try to get into your house and or gate without your key or remote. Coming back from a trip, the house keys were left in a suitcase which did not arrive with us.( I had another set in my car) Our home was alarmed, has barb wire and dense foliage. The cab driver went up on the side walk, husband and cab driver stood on the hood. It took awhile but they found one small place to squeeze through the thick bush and end up on top of the bodega and IN they went.

As for dogs, unless they are huge and ferocious, I think most are no deterrent, especially if people have observed their behavior with others. Sometimes(happened in my neighborhood) even big scary dogs become your friend with a treat.

Amazing... such bright individuals yet only 2 or 3 are proposing solutions, the rest are bent on shredding anything suggested... odd behavior - we are after all discussing our own security and protecting our LIVES...?

Well here then, let me throw another suggestion into the pool of piranhas... Instead of asking for ID, photograph the occupants of each car as well as the rear of the vehicle (getting license plate, car make and model) this will take less than 1 minute per vehicle, that's all... might make the bad guys think twice before committing a crime in that neighborhood...

OK guys, 1-2-3 ATTACK !

Never mind. But I wish you did.

Amazing... such bright individuals yet only 2 or 3 are proposing solutions, the rest are bent on shredding anything suggested... odd behavior - we are after all discussing our own security and protecting our LIVES...?

For anyone that is really fearful for their own lives and would like a personal protection guard dog, here´s the info for http://Wolf's Canine School Carretara Guadalajara-Cd Guzman KM 20, Tlajomulco de Zuniga, 3-719-7035 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vL2PwDDduY&list=UUyxrg_qFBkonr0e2snZsrAA

Take a drive over and visit the school and get a tour of his dogs, he may have pups this time of year. We did not buy our dogs from him. Some folks may have seen me walking my Europeon boxer(tall brindle) with an ESun shirt on Saturday at the Chili Cookoff and i did not let you pet him, for those that tried :) He is trained to attack an armed man and can enter a car and attack. I brought him along just to show people that he's there to protect us but isn't vicious. We also have a rottweiler. They are always outside on the property and when we have large groups to the house or workers, my ppd comes in the house with me and lays on the floor but he is never tied up so he can protect us if something happened. I recommend a rotty, they are very instinctive yet extremely loving.
During the 6-8 months that we took our dogs to school and we were trained to handle them, there was only one other retired expat couple from the lakeside area that also brought their work dogs to be trained for guard work.

For anyone that is really fearful for their own lives and would like a personal protection guard dog, here´s the info for http://Wolf's Canine School Carretara Guadalajara-Cd Guzman KM 20, Tlajomulco de Zuniga, 3-719-7035 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vL2PwDDduY&list=UUyxrg_qFBkonr0e2snZsrAA

Take a drive over and visit the school and get a tour of his dogs, he may have pups this time of year. We did not buy our dogs from him. Some folks may have seen me walking my Europeon boxer(tall brindle) with an ESun shirt on Saturday at the Chili Cookoff and i did not let you pet him, for those that tried :) He is trained to attack an armed man and can enter a car and attack. I brought him along just to show people that he's there to protect us but isn't vicious. We also have a rottweiler. They are always outside on the property and when we have large groups to the house or workers, my ppd comes in the house with me and lays on the floor but he is never tied up so he can protect us if something happened. I recommend a rotty, they are very instinctive yet extremely loving.
During the 6-8 months that we took our dogs to school and we were trained to handle them, there was only one other retired expat couple from the lakeside area that also brought their work dogs to be trained for guard work.

Thank you My Home - constructive and appreciated !

Archived