Chapala.com Webboard

Why are people inconsiderate?

Why are people inconsiderate? I went to Super Lake this am….had 3 items….. Only one register was open….. So I though no big deal …… got in line. Then a young lady opened another check out and motioned me over…. So as I approached the check out an old GRINGO cuts in front of me (half running) knocking me back into the display stand……. I said thank you….. “Sarcastically….” and he starts screaming and yelling making a scene…… the poor girl at the check – out didn’t know what to do….. I told just him let the girl check you out, pay for your items and leave….. Then he says well I am Mexican (lol not) so I spoke to him in Spanish…. (Yes I am a Mexican) he just looked at me …… no clue what I just said to him….. Maybe that was a good thing………. Then as he left he grabbed his bag…. Swinging it around, hit the little girl (who just put his stuff in a bag for him) in her face!

I didn’t even notice he had broken my jar of pickles and the glass had cut me…… (Small fragments... just in one spot….. at the top of the jar….) until the girl asked are you ok? I said yes, don’t worry…. And she said you are bleeding….. Then I looked at my hand…. Yep nice cut….. But everyone was great! They went and got an antiseptic and tissues… and a new jar of pickles…..

I agree.....No they should not have called the police, ( the Police) have more impotant things to do...... this guy was just an ###...... if he would have said hey I'm in a hurry... may I check out first? I would have said sure, of course, no problem.......

But no ... he verbally assaulted me, ( among other things...) and the cashier…… his behavior was horrendous!

he is tallish.... maybe 5' 11" slender build, mostly grey haired.. blue eyes, drives a silver ( or light colored ) SUV / mini van with Jalisco plates.... I know that descibes many..... the whole event was sad and distracting...... wish I would have had my I phone with me.......I could have taken a pic..... as the little girl was crying..... he hit her right in the eye area.... guess I was more concerned about her and if she was ok....

The guy obviously has mental problems - he is a danger to himself and the community.

I notice that when older people spend a lot of time on their own they lose their social graces. It is as if they grow prickles and thorns.

And thats why a lot of those come down here, if they pulled that crap in the U.S considering there is not much respect for the elderly he would of gottent the crap smacked out of him. I have had that happen to me many times I just smile and blow them off, poor bastards.

This happens to me A LOT at the mercado, and other stores in the area. To me it comes across as "I'm older than you so I deserve to go first in line". Doesn't matter that I already have my items on the counter to pay for them, I get budged in front of still. The guys at the mercado always tell the person that I was there first and they will have to wait. The person gets all huffy about having to wait behind a younger person. Sometimes they put down their produce and stomp off having a little temper tantrum. I always feel bad for the store owners because they just lost a sale, but they always tell me they'd rather not have a person like that buying from them. Usually I am shopping on my lunch break, because i do work down here and don't alway have a lot of time during the day to shop.

Common courtesy and manners. Everyone should learn them.

Are we hearing a little "ageism" here? ....based on a few unpleasant encounters, right? Note how most often, people do queue up and act polite, regardless of age.

Some people are born with a stick up their gazoo and they don't improve with age, but the point is that they were always "me, me" people.

I've noticed that at the Farmers Market when it's crowded on Tuesdays, whole bunches of people butt in sideways at the entries instead of lining up and following the queue. Just more "me-me's"....of all ages.

The question is: what's the dang hurry, anyway? We have time to be polite.

Age, whether young or old does not excuse such bad behavior. Stores in the area should not have to put up with this. If some of these folks were banned from the store I'm sure the expat community would stand by the store. No one wants to put up with an arse.

And thats why a lot of those come down here, if they pulled that crap in the U.S considering there is not much respect for the elderly he would of gottent the crap smacked out of him. I have had that happen to me many times I just smile and blow them off, poor bastards.

I do think this person was being a jerk...... he thought he walked on water....... he was a ME,ME,ME person..... I am better than you.... I just could not believe he hit the little girl in the face and NEVER even said Sorrry.....

The reality is that two people were assaulted, drawing blood. The police are never too busy to address such behavior. SuperLake has surveillance cameras. There may be a record of the incident and at least a pic of the offender. Please go back and follow up!

The real reality is disrepect is an offence punishible by grevious bodily harm. If the clerks husband had witnessed this the guy mightbein hospital now, had he survived.

Me, I would have made the offender see the error of his ways and had him apologize. And yes, I have done it before!

The reality is that two people were assaulted, drawing blood. The police are never too busy to address such behavior. SuperLake has surveillance cameras. There may be a record of the incident and at least a pic of the offender. Please go back and follow up!

Ramon del Arco: Chief of police, is a personal friend.... yes I could have called him..... but with all the stuff he deals with.... this is like a mosquito bite........ and a peice of glass from the pickel jar....cut me..... not him directly..... so..... I think I will go munch on a pickle!

My point of all of this, is just why... why can we all not have more respect and yes patience..... really waht is 5 minutes?

I had a jerk like this attack me at Tianguis a few weeks ago. He blew up at me because the counter person asked what I wanted instead of asking him first. I told the counterman that the man was ahead of me and his order was taken first but he began bitc*ing at me because I was asked before he was. How do I control who the vendor asks first? I told him what he could do with his ego problems and then he shoved me.

Later I saw him later with a woman was walking behind him carrying all their bags. This was true the three more times I've seen him since then. He is so important that he makes her carry all the purchases and I know the order he got the day he shoved me weighed at least 20lbs.

There are just a lot of jerks who move to Mexico thinking they will for once in their lives be important and they think important people abuse others.

They are wrong. The most important people always exhibit kindness and charm and respect is given to them because they respect others.

There are just a lot of jerks who move to Mexico thinking they will for once in their lives be important and they think important people abuse others.

BINGO. Against my better judgement I am commenting. I have had to ask a few people like this not to come back to our restaurant. Fortunately it's only a few people, but you get those few who like to ruin things for everyone around them.

When my mother was 76 she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. About 3-4 years into this horrible disease (she lived until her 90th birthday) she went through a very mean me, me, me stage. I moved her closer to me and one time I took her to my dentist, during the visit she slapped the doctor across the face. My sweet, kind, generous mother would have been devastated to know she did things like that. Having seen this behavior first hand I believe there are some retirees here who suffer from beginning stages of Alzheimer's and other personality changing diseases. I have no advice what to do about this, it is a real problem.

Don't think age causes people this bad behavior, I believe they were always rude.

Whenever I have an encounter I remember one true statement, which helps me have compassion. "Hurt people, hurt people" Read it slow...(people that hurt, often hurt others).

Sorry you experienced this person, shake it off, and look at all the wonderful people who live here!!!

Archived