Chapala.com Webboard

Another excellent meal for four at Johannas

Mainecoons

Four of us decided to try Johannas weinersnitzel special on Friday night. A generous portion of lightly breaded, tender meat was served with deliciously prepared new potatoes, a dollop of tasty red cabbage and a very nice green salad. Portions were generous and everything was very well prepared and all of us were served within seconds of each other.

My spouse and I threw caution to the winds and went for the blueberry/raspberry strudel which was terrific!

If we have one criticism it is that a modest glass of wine is a bit pricey. However, this was more than offset by the big bargain that the weinersnitzel special was, 65 pesos and worth twice the price.

Once again, we enjoyed the quiet and spacious ambiance of the restaurant, service was attentive and consistent. The bread was great too.

Right, the cooking style of schnitzel is milanesa, but wienerschnitzel is always veal, whereas milanesa can be anything.

I wonder how many of us could tell the difference between veal,beef,pork or chicken milanesa in a blind taste testing,I probably couldn't but then I grew up in LA where the popular fast food chain "Wienerschitzel" sells nothing resembling milanesa,just hot dogs.

Hey, I kan't spel it but I shure like eatin' it. :D

Ya caught me! I got lazy. It didn't look right and when that happens I usually look it up. The one time I didn't--bang! :)

Buen provecho!

LMAO - you are too funny. Nothing "earth shaking", I simply couldn't help myself !

I wonder how many of us could tell the difference between veal,beef,pork or chicken milanesa in a blind taste testing,I probably couldn't but then I grew up in LA where the popular fast food chain "Wienerschitzel" sells nothing resembling milanesa,just hot dogs.

I can always tell. As long as you're wearing the blindfold and I'm serving.

Archived