Chapala.com Webboard

Is there a French cuisine restaurant at Lakeside?

Jistme

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is the place on the lakeside of the Carrettera a ways west of Ajijic that is french. I saw it yesterday, but didn't note the name. La Franchese or similar.

If this is the place by Hacienda Don Pedro, it's a French bakery, and they have AMAZING croissants. We just spent a month in paris and the Almond croissants at the french bakery here are better than at any place we had them in France last month.

If this is the place by Hacienda Don Pedro, it's a French bakery, and they have AMAZING croissants. We just spent a month in paris and the Almond croissants at the french bakery here are better than at any place we had them in France last month.

Across the street from La Taverna.

It's actually not where Pedro's use to be, but very close. I believe Pedro's was where Patty's Place is now.

There is an interactive map on the website. http://www.haciendadellagoajijic.com/location.htm

Why not simply post the street number of the location on Calle Ocampo?

Avoid all the confusion that is posted here. Where Pedro was, is or was Pattis Place and before either it was Pimienta Negra, a Lebanese restaurant. All of that is of little help to newcomers. However, it is diagonally opposite.

The number, please ..........

Oh, come on you all. I didn't know the exact address, RV. But I want to thank you for your advice... so why exactly didn't you post the number. And Tony, reread my post: I didn't say you are where Pedro's was; I said near. I put the cross-streets. Anyone can figure this out, newbie or not.

These unhelpful judgment posts leave me cold.

Oh, come on you all. I didn't know the exact address, RV. But I want to thank you for your advice... so why exactly didn't you post the number. And Tony, reread my post: I didn't say you are where Pedro's was; I said near. I put the cross-streets. Anyone can figure this out, newbie or not.

These unhelpful judgment posts leave me cold.

Hacienda Del Lago, Privada Ocampo #1. <_<

The full Menu is available online at this link.

http://www.haciendadellagoajijic.com/pierrot-au-lac/dinner.htm

Here is also a link to the interactive map again. As several people here have mention it is on the Corner of Ocampo and Privada Ocampo, between 5 de Febrero and Aquiles Serdan. Coming down Ocampo from Six Corners there is a 2 meter by 2 meter sign on the building, there is another two meter by one meter sign on each corner (on Ocampo and Privada Ocampo). There is Also a two meter Long Banner along Ocampo and a 3 square meter wrought iron sign on the corner on the Privada Ocampo Side.

http://www.haciendadellagoajijic.com/location.htm

Pierrot is offering a three course Prix Fixe with a glass of wine and French press coffee for $440 pesos or an ala carte menu, which is available at the first link I posted.

There is a calendar for making online reservations on the left of the website, or you can use this direct link. https://www.seatme.com/hacienda-del-lago/ Because the restaurant is not open daily online reservation are recommended there is not always someone answering the restaurant phone. You could also email the hotel at sales@haciendadellagoajijic.com.

I do ask that people please respect that this is also our home and do not ring the buzzer when we are closed to "take a look". Of course anyone is more than welcome to come for a drink or to get a feel for the location during business hours.

I hope that this clears up any confusion and answers any lingering questions.

So, are there two French bakeries? I know of the one by Hacienda Don Pedro. Is there really one on Ocampo?

No. The one by Hacienda Don Pedro is a bakery the other is a restaurant.

Pierrot, a very well known French restaurant with over 30 years in Guadalajara, is opening inside hacienda del lago hotel this comingThursday the 13th. They will be serving dinner Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and will be taking over our Sunday brunch.

Did this happen last night? How did it go, was there a good crowd? We are hoping this works out as we are excited about coming when we return to Ajijic in a few weeks.

Yes, the Privado Ocampo located on the SW corner of Ocampo, between Aquiles Serdan and 5 de Febrero. Not the other Privado Ocampo further west, where Armandos Restaurant is located.

w

Well ,if you're going to be picky it's not Aquiles Serdan but Pedro Moreno as it's south of Ocampo.

You might try Richard's Restaurant in Chapala.....I am the chef/owner,I am British, and our menu is mainly French. You can get info on Trip Advisor, or facebook Richard's Restaurant Chapala where our menu is published. Our prices are very reasonable.

We ate at Pierrot Restaurant in Guad....very expensive, and the food was merely adequate.

We are fully booked until March 5th....reservations only.

You might try Richard's Restaurant in Chapala.....I am the chef/owner,I am British, and our menu is mainly French. You can get info on Trip Advisor, or facebook Richard's Restaurant Chapala where our menu is published. Our prices are very reasonable.

We ate at Pierrot Restaurant in Guad....very expensive, and the food was merely adequate.

Doesn't seem kosher for one restaurant owner to slam another. JMO.

I have tried your restaurant and enjoy it. I would consider it to be more country French than classical French but no matter. I strongly agree with Ginger that is not polite to promote your restaurant at the expense of another. Many consider the food at Pierrot to be better than "merely adequate".

Archived