Chapala.com Webboard

MORE FIESTA FOTOS AND VIDEOS ajijic, san juan, san antonio

ezpz

Hola everybody,

I used to have a foto page on Webshots with over 13,000 fotos which received thousands of views per week - but the whole site was dismantled over a year ago, and my old fotos have no home online now. My more recent fotos are on Flickr, but it does not offer a slideshow option. However, posting here does that automatically to my delight.

Therefore, I have decided to keep sharing my more recent collections here to take advantage of that. If you want to share my fotos with friends, you'll have to go to the original page - either Flickr or YouTube. There are more shorter videos on Flickr if you want to search through the collections.

Going backward chronologically, I'll start with the Ajijic New Year's Parade - another great fun filled event demonstrating the great good cheer which is a deep tradition in Ajijic - the Town That Laughs - according to several elders. I'll continue to add to this list as there is too much to do in one sitting. Enjoy!!

the following set of fotos has many short videos if you go to the original flickr site in my "sets" Sorry, I don't have any of them loaded on to YouTube. In my old foto page on Webshots, the videos automatically got folded into the slideshows so they made sense in the context of all the fotos. But they don't work as stand-alone videos for utube.

This is the most fun mostly gringo event in Ajijic and it has now become a New Tradition. You can find other videos of Thrill the World if you search that plus Ajijic on utube.

The folllowing video was taken by a friend of a friend - I was one of the zombies - and this was our 3rd performance of that day, which just came about spontaneously. There are other videos of the 6 Esquinas performance and the Official Ajijic TTW performance on Utube.. I'll bet Ajijic had the most fun TTW in the entire world, and it was a world-wide sychronous event! A great time was had by all!!

oops, I just realized that the slideshows above don't show the title of the collection, sorry!

here is Dia de los Muertos, 2010 when the 5 de Mayo big block party was going strong. last year Chapala changed its DDLM venue to the malecon. enjoy!

here is the Virgin del Rosario Fiesta Oct. 31, 2012. There are many short videos on the flickr page but they are not in the webboard slideshow, so you have to check out my flickr page to see them - too many to upload to utube.

LINK TO FLICKR ALBUMS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/micki_w/sets

• 3 weeks later...

new foto collection - the Virgin of Zapopan Procession and Mass in mid-July in Chapala. This procession shows the essence of Mexico with Danzantes, charros, and traditional Catholics together in a beautiful and dynamic celebration. The Virgin of Zapopan is also called the Queen of the Lake.

Many short videos can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/micki_w/

click on "sets" and choose "Virgin of Zapopan". The videos are probably towards the end.

Archived