Chapala.com Webboard

Contessa -- Amazing chocolate lab needs a home

I'm fostering a very well trained and mannerly female chocolate lab with the deepest golden eyes. Contessa was left tied at the Ranch which is full to capacity as are the homes of the volunteers! She is about 2 yrs old, spayed, LOVES children, people , other dogs & has a healthy respect for cats. A very deep WOOF but only barks when it's appropriate. She learned a few commands in the week I've had her as like all labs she's eager to please: leash trained, full housebroken, comes when called , sits, stays.

A loving companion and excellent guard dog

I can email photos ....

Only small dogs are allowed where I live so Contessa needs an alternate home ASAP

Contessa, if you post a picture ... they are worth a 1000 words I hear :) Also, you might make a small sign to wear around her neck and take her for walks around town and down to the plaza. At one time when I was volunteering for the shelter I did this and was able to find homes for 5 puppies .... granted they were puppies, but Contessa sounds like a great dog.

I can't figure out the photo thing but she's a chocolate lab

Yes she has a yellow 'Adopt Me' and we log miles every day (malecon etc)

BUT 3 times in as many days local folks , seeing the vest, asked if I could possibly take their labs as they are desperate to get rid of them & would like to find homes!!

Times are very difficult in lots of ways - so harder to feed themselves much less animals

on the other hand if their dog does have babies there's a chance to make some money selling the puppies .....puppies are hard to resist & don't eat much .. Then they grow up!

(The free lunch kitchen in SAT is a very busy place as well! 100 people is not uncommon)

Contessa still needs a new foster home or better yet a forever home. I have met her and think she is perhaps a bit Bloodhound??? She has a lovely black coat with red tipping so she looks reddish brown from a distance.

Contessa is a true gentle giant. She is polite, affectionate, has had some training and is a real heart stealer. Even Art Hess says she is amazing and is trying to find her a home. If you are thinking of adding a canine companion who will take you for long strolls or keep your feet warm, please contact her foster mom or the Ranch

contes10.jpg

Archived