Chapala.com Webboard

Bringing Precious Metals into Mexico

Zeb

I don't like giving out my information when purchasing metals. l like to know what I am signing or agreeing to ahead of time. It makes a difference to me.

Like I said. "All you have to do is sign a form. Nothing else. No ID, nothing. Maybe you should listen to some of the other posters here and leave your gold in the USA......

Guest bennie2

in US i just walked & bought. paid cash said goodbye. when i wanted to sell i did the same. in both instances i shopped for the best deals. (edited)

in US i just walked im bought paid cash said goodbye. when i wanted to sell did the same. in both instances i shopped for the best deals.

I don't know what state you were in. In Texas, if you purchase over a certain amount, they ask for you Id.

Guest bennie2

NYC chinatown 24K solid. most of the gold places are under the table. those are the ones that give a good price. they weigh, & you bargain. i never bought a huge amount @one time. doute they would have asked for an ID. i would walk out if they did.

Guest bennie2

i can not imagine putting a box full of gold bars/coins on a conveyor belt. you would not see it when it reaches the end. i cannot imagine driving across a border & having a mexican customs person taking the box. they dont "get" asian solid gold, that may work out better. they see it as plated. anything from 18K down will be taken. its not the tax i would be afraid of, but the theft. IMO. good luck.

Archived