Chapala.com Webboard

The dark side of the human race

Jackie

The dark side of the human race - a dog story .

I was just in Vet Pepe’a Magana’s office this morning. Vet Lena was outside walking a tiny dog.

I stopped in my tracks to look at this poor thing. It is a young adult pure bred female Chihuahua.

This dog was so skinny, and I mean skinny, you could count very rib and see the hip bones and every bone in it’s legs.

It was brought in by a Mx. who rescued it from a house where some NOB “humans” had lived – they departed and left the dog behind to fend for itself.

It will take some time, love and extra food and this girl will make a wonderful pet family addition.

Go visit and see if she will complete your pet family.

She will get photographed and her picture posted next week on Lake Chapala Dog Central -

http://lakechapaladogcenter.com/main/adopt_me_pepe.php

Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder about some people..

This is horrible. There should be a posting of the names of the people who owned this dog and the name given to the shelters so they will not be able to adopt any dogs. With all the dedicated people who spend their time, love and money on caring for these sad animals, this is a slap in the face. Shame, shame, shame on you.

These are the type of people who think it would be so neat to adopt a cute dog, without realizing (and willing to provide) what the needs of the animal are. These "impulse" adopters are the worthless. :(

I believe there is a special circle in Hell for people who abandon animals by leaving them in an unoccupied house (worst of all) or dump them on the side of the road or tied to a tree in a residential neighborhood. Do they even care how long it is before the animal is found and rescued?

That being said, I will be eternally grateful to the horrible people who dumped an English understanding, mostly Mini Schnauzer puppy near the old shelter. She came to live at my house as a foster and stayed as a treasured member of our canine crew.

Too bad the name of these culprits isn't posted here as well in case they return later and want to get another toy.

I agree. These people should be publicly known so others can make known to them what a horrible problem they have helped cause. I would like personally to ask them for a large donation to shelters like Pepe's. Perhaps many others would like to ask for the same donation, once each day they are here.

Thank goodness.... I was getting ready to look for a ride for her to Memphis!! I have a full house... 11 mostly little ones...but when they're truly in need..how can you turn them down. So glad she found a home so quickly...and I do so hope they can keep her forever. Chihuahuas bond really intensely and have a heart ten times bigger then they are. Really sad excuse for a human being.

I'm so glad the little lady has found a home! Hopefully her people will be kinder to her this time around.

About a month ago we found a stray in the most appalling condition....mange on eyes & skin, open sores, worms in her skin & visible to the eye, branches and weeds stuck to her matted fur. The vet said that, based on the damage to her nails and skin, she'd been on her own for a good 8 months or so. How no one could have seen or helped her is beyond me, but with the vet's help we've fixed her up and she's joined our family, so at last things worked out for her.

FYI we often use Pepe, but the vet that did so much for our little stray was Dr. Berenice in the brand-new office: Pet Place on the Libramiento in Plaza Interlago. She's got a wonderful clinic, clean and modern. Dr. B & staff are very gentle with frightened perritos.

Cheers all!

Archived