Chapala.com Webboard

Internet problems???

ibbocat

Its become a daily scourge....Internet drops out momentarily or for minutes at a time. Its not your modem/router, its TelMex and their totally "oversold" DSL Internet service. In sufficent "ports" and back-haul to the Tier 2 point of presence in Ocotlan is my guess as to why. Why spend money on upgrading facilities to meet the traffic, when you have a virtual monopoly and subcribers are at the mercy of the telco infrastructure.

If a new modem doesn't help, there are a number of things on the computer itself that are related to Internet usage that can be a problem. I cannot detail all those here or the way to check/repair them, but I suggest you call TelMex support at 01-800-123-2222. They are usually excellent, although they do get new staff who haven't learned the ropes yet... so I call back and get someone else.

Not quite on topic, but here in Vista Alegre we had more or less given up any hope of a speed upgrade. The Telmex repair guys said there was no fibre on the Libramiento and therefore we could not hope for higher speeds. The last couple of days our speed seemed to be better so I did a speed test today....5.08 down and .52 up. That download speed is triple what we normally have and the upload speed is more than double. What a treat!!

Our experience with calling the toll-free Telmex # is that they are reading off script and don't seem to know what they are doing.

We finally called last Thursday to report our internet had been out for a week (we use Telecable as our main internet). We're still waiting for the repair to be done :( Telmex told us 72 hours max so if you remove the weekends, it's been 48 hours; lets see how long it takes.

Not quite on topic, but here in Vista Alegre we had more or less given up any hope of a speed upgrade. The Telmex repair guys said there was no fibre on the Libramiento and therefore we could not hope for higher speeds. The last couple of days our speed seemed to be better so I did a speed test today....5.08 down and .52 up. That download speed is triple what we normally have and the upload speed is more than double. What a treat!!

They were providing those speeds long before they went fibre anywhere here. There are far too many feeble excuses being given, which are intended to get the customer off their backs. As you see from today's results, they are flat out lying. It is usually better with the repair guys, but they have been coached.

Our experience with calling the toll-free Telmex # is that they are reading off script and don't seem to know what they are doing.

We finally called last Thursday to report our internet had been out for a week (we use Telecable as our main internet). We're still waiting for the repair to be done :( Telmex told us 72 hours max so if you remove the weekends, it's been 48 hours; lets see how long it takes.

As I said, do call back if you feel you are getting the script. And you are correct, weekends don't count. If no progress after 72 hours, call back. Turnover rates there are high... whether due to to stupidity, boredom or low pay, I have no idea.

While out on a walk on Friday, I seen an Infinitum tech so I told him we had not had internet for a week and he gave me the mañana schpeel lol

I was hopeful but nada.

If nothing tomorrow, I will call back and give them the trouble ticket # she gave me and "insist" they come out asap lol

Archived