Chapala.com Webboard

Mama Raccoon and babies

Top five killers worldwide:

mosquitos, hippos, deer, bees dogs

The US you are much more likely to be killed or injured by a cow #1, deer, horse or dog than anything else.

Fecies of just about any animal is bad for you, unless prepared just right above 425 degrees.

Anecdotal stories about personal experiences are just that.

There are many things out there that will harm you and raccoons are way down the list.

Respect all living things, use commons sense and please a couple of you take a chill pill.

Could have not have said it better!

Time to get serious, how many raccons has anyone seen in Ajijic? I do not think they are a problem here. We had lots coming to visit us in California and there was nothing cute bout them they would corner our dog and attack her and the cats were very scared of them. They are wild creatures and should be left alone.

So, does this mean you advocate destroying anything that´s not 100% sterile or compatible with humans? Have you placed yourself first on the list, Seren? After all, the diseases that are borne by humans can be quite deadly as well. Obviously, Lory and Vern aren´t advocating that we all take in a family of feral raccoons and feed them from our dinner tables, but you´d sure think that after some of the postings! ; :wacko:

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Wildlife Rescue, I suggest you go down to Flora Exotica on the last Sunday of each month when they hold a fundraising yard sale for the animals. Talk with them and you´ll quickly discover that these are two well-trained, qualified individuals who are actually making a difference through education and example, not simply two well-meaning volunteers (not that there´s anything wrong with being a volunteer, just that they´re much more than that).

That's just obfuscatory rhetoric. Are you suggesting that because humans are part of the natural food chain, we are perfectly happy to do away with all other living things, or none at all? Perhaps I should bring up those who believe plants have feelings.

Good Google search, but I guess you missed my meaning. Your "argument" was obfuscatory, in that is was an attempt to make it sound like a winning thought, when really all it did was compare apples to oranges. This is a favourite trick of policitians, and especially of Ayn Rand objectivists.

Everyone dos not love animals, as you pointed out with two examples in your post , or were you being sarcastic? Hard to tell. Even some folks who believe animals should be treated ethically and humanely eat them. I do, although I have a big problem with how they are slaughtered and treated in captivity way too often. I love octopus, but I saw a show recently demonstrating how intelligent they are. I believe lobsters suffer when boiled, but love to consume them as well. I wish I had the willpower to follow my better inclinations, but so far I don't.

I have a back deck in Decatur, Ga. there is a sliding glass door leading into my den. I have an easy chair next to my door and when any of my three cats want in they come to the door, stand on their hindlegs and scratch. One night, guess I was a bit stoned, I thought all of my kitties had done the drill and come in. Then I heard some more scratching and figured I miscounted. When I looked, there was a half grown coon standing upon his hindlegs scratching at the door to come in. Wonderful critters.

Humans are, indeed, part of the natural food chain. We have been eaten by other animals, and even by each other; the latter being figuratively apparent on this website. :016:

Haha....well said. Sometimes I read this website and am truly amazed. You're right RVGRINGO...

Archived