Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Centro de Salud

ChrisB

After months of letters, phone calls, petitions, and meetings with state officials, Ajijic is getting a meeting with the State Secretary of Health. The community wants four things from the state - good service, removal of the nurse, a new medical director, and facility upgrades. This meeting will get us the final answers. If you are interested come to 6 Corners at 12 noon on Friday January 10.

After months of letters, phone calls, petitions, and meetings with state officials, Ajijic is getting a meeting with the State Secretary of Health. The community wants four things from the state - good service, removal of the nurse, a new medical director, and facility upgrades. This meeting will get us the final answers. If you are interested come to 6 Corners at 12 noon on Friday January 10.

Chris,can you fill us in about the issues involved? Thanks.

I would think this statement can be a general one to cover most IMSS clinics in the area...sounds like an insurrection!!

Chris--Please explain what you mean by months of calls, letters, etc. From whom? What is being asked of the State Secretary of Health? What do you mean by a requests for "good service, removal of the nurse"? Are you talking about IMSS?

I'm sure the community would care that someone is fighting in their behalf--but how and why? What can we hope for and how can we help.

Lexy

Chris, are you concerned about the quality of services IMSS delivers to the Mexican community or are you concerned about expats who are not allowed to become members? If you're concerned about services to the Mexican community I'm interested in knowing more. If you're concerned about services refused to visitors/temporary expats I am not.

this is about the Centro de Salud at 6 Corners operated by DIF. It is open to all but hasn't worked for years. It is now only open three days a week from 8 - 3, not much good to workers. There is a nurse NAZI = you only get seen if you are her friend. The doctors sleep and are unavailable on the job. The facility is old and falling apart.

IMSS is not at issue

The calls etc are work of Delegado hector who has put in upteen hours trying to correct the situation for the village

This affects everyone - especially poor mexicans who have little access to medical services.

In October the regional director of DIF visited the Plaza and made public promises - nothing happened

What is wanted:

A health center that is open regularly and when people can go

A nurse who is compassionate and serves the community not herself

Doctors who serve the community not themselves

A remodeled or new facility like other villages are getting from DIF

Come support the effort friday at 6 Corners at noon when the state secretary of health will be here to make the final decisions on us getting the above for our village

Most villages have their clinics which seem to operate separately from IMSS and before Seguro Popular came on to the scene...If you talk with any "local" who uses them, regardless of which village, the folks are unhappy with how they operate. I am sure that facility operational budget monies were available but somehow gets "lost" in the system

Sadly in my experience the public health care personal(IMSS) seem to think that they are doing you a favor by treating you rather than understanding they are paid by the government to provide a service and need to be more customer orientated. It upsets me greatly to see how many Mexicans are treated with contempt and cower to the health employees.

We are talking about THE CENTRO DE SALUD AT 6 CORNERS IN AJIJIC. tHIS MOSTLY SERVICES POOR MEXICANS, BUT, IS OPEN TO ANYONE.

It is also the only place in town where you can get a tetanus shot as the law requires that it only be given at a government facility

This has nothing to do with IMSS or Seguro Popular and I do not think rabies vaccinations are a big part of the issue, altho I appreciate the historical note. Will you folks please stay ON TOPIC and turn out at Six Corners in Ajijic tomorrow at noon to support our village? I am assured that an expat presence is desirable--even tho we do not use DIF services, let's demonstrate that we care!

This has nothing to do with IMSS or Seguro Popular and I do not think rabies vaccinations are a big part of the issue, altho I appreciate the historical note. Will you folks please stay ON TOPIC and turn out at Six Corners in Ajijic tomorrow at noon to support our village? I am assured that an expat presence is desirable--even tho we do not use DIF services, let's demonstrate that we care!

I thought they offered seguro popular services.......a friend inquired and was told the doctor had retired and didn't have a new one - this was a few months back.

when the regional director of DIF came to town and met with Hector, he thereafter went to the center and asked to see the doctor. The nurse told him to come back the next day. When he announced himself, a doctor popped out of the back room - perhaps the "retiree". This was last summer.

Okay, we are confirmed for 1:30 Friday (tomorrow) at Six Corners in Ajijic. Delegado Hector would appreciate some support from the expat community. We will stand around and look optimistic and supportive. Hope the news is good! This matters a lot to the Mexican residents in Ajijic.

Please turn out at 6 Corners at 1:30 today to support Ajijic's efforts to get clinic improvements.

I use to deal with this free clinic when Dr. Fernando worked there, he kept it running quite smoothly and every time I went he was there and it was open, I use to drop off baby packages for them to give to the poor Mom's. There was always a full waiting room.

When Dr. Fernando retired he told me not to bring the packages there anymore because if he didn't lock them up the control was not there and they did not go to the needy. He said the staff was not very good.

Archived