Chapala.com Webboard

Tianguis Paver Project

ChrisB

The Ajijic Delegado Advisory Committee is well aware that the entire community - vendors,elderly, previously injured, handicapped, etc. are all awaiting news about when the Tianguis Paver Project will begin. A meeting has been set with the Presidente of Chapala for 10 a.m. on January 16 to determine just that. Representing Ajijic will be Delegado Hector Espana, businessman Angel Del Gadillo, and committee chair Harry Bublin

Please keep us posted about this...and will that include the upper Revolution, mountain side?

That would sure be an improvement, the traffic coming down that street is only increasing almost daily, with 10 new condos being built on Priv. Lazaro Cardenas.

Potholes are appearing again...and need to be addressed.

And once again...........a stop lite at the carreterra....please please consider placing one there..before tragedy strikes. It is the worst bottleneck in town.

Hector....hope you are reading this board! ..... and thank you for all you and your group do to improve streets and traffic conditions ...much appreciated.

I am reluctantly supporting this project. However, if the gringos try to pave the other streets, I will be dead set against it. I feel the cobblestone streets add to the charm of living in a Mexican village. Also they slow down traffic which means that children and old people walking on the streets will not get run over as often.

Gringos, spend your money in Mexico but don't try to change it.

I would like to see a new stoplight at the corner of the Revolution and the carretera. It is too dangerous to cross there on foot. But I am not going to tell the Mexicans how to spend their limited funds.

I am reluctantly supporting this project. However, if the gringos try to pave the other streets, I will be dead set against it. I feel the cobblestone streets add to the charm of living in a Mexican village. Also they slow down traffic which means that children and old people walking on the streets will not get run over as often.

Gringos, spend your money in Mexico but don't try to change it.

I would like to see a new stoplight at the corner of the Revolution and the carretera. It is too dangerous to cross there on foot. But I am not going to tell the Mexicans how to spend their limited funds.

The pavers are still bumpy - see Madero in Chapala, which is all done with pavers. Though, admittedly, you can drive much faster on it than cobblestones. At least they are not wanting to asphalt pave the street. The potholes filled on streets with cobblestones seem to last far longer than paved streets (see the block before the main intersection in Chapala, from near the mural to the light. They have filled those holes 5-6 times in the last 4-5 months.)

I'd be happy if they'd just fix all the pot holes around town. When we moved here 6 years ago, the municipality would come out several times per year and fix pot holes, it appeared on most if not all of the streets. The process went on for a few weeks before the rainy season and they'd come back again around this time of year or sooner.

It feels like it has become hit and miss now, mostly miss.

In general, I think the current Chapala government isn't good for our area, I can't speak to the rest. We've been subjected to two raves, the second one after Mr. Huerta promised oh so sincerely that there would be no more. The second one also did serious damage to the property and the wall around it which remains unrepaired despite more empty promises.

We are not getting the level of service we even got under Degollado's abysmal, corrupt regime. Our Delagado is treated with contempt by this government IMO despite his heroic efforts to get us a few of the services we are paying for.

We have a clearly illegal three story addition on our street that blatantly ignored the actual building permit issued (the neighbors have a copy of that permit which was only issued for a mirador) and this fact has been totally ignored and stonewalled by Mr. Huerta's regime, with the result that it has been taken to the state level.

And BTW, the municipality gets much of its revenues from property taxes, which at least in our case have been going up at 10 percent per year, and it should be obvious that the high property values of most of the real estate in this village are making a major contribution to local revenues. That contribution is simply not being reflected in the level of services IMO.

I apologize if this is off topic but I feel that it needs to be said. I guarantee you that if this project were in Chapala, the money would be found to do it and would not have to rely on local charity.

At thursday's meeting Hector is going to request that a worker be permanently assigned to pothole repair. The issue of pavers for the tianguis has been beaten to death. Fortunately the vendors and mexican community want it and see the value of it to the community

At thursday's meeting Hector is going to request that a worker be permanently assigned to pothole repair. The issue of pavers for the tianguis has been beaten to death. Fortunately the vendors and mexican community want it and see the value of it to the community

Harry, don't take my commentary about the pot holes as criticism of Hector. I'm real clear as to where the problem lies as I trust I made clear in my posting above. Given how Chapala treats this area, we'd really be up a creek if it wasn't for Hector, you and your committee. I certainly appreciate everything you all have accomplished despite Chapala.

Archived