Chapala.com Webboard

Property taxes and water bill

mpb

Last Saturday on Santa Margarita in Upper Riberas our water main sprung a leak. On Monday I sent them an email with a map showing the location & a translation of the verbal description. This now Thursday, I have sent the same message 3 additional times plus I dropped off a copy at the San Antonio Office yesterday. So far today nothing has happened, this small river of water continues. Expensive water?

I don't know if the Ajijic office will allow the deduction. This was the first time they allowed it in San Antonio, probably because they have new people working there.

Four years ago, I bought an empty lot in Ajijic. I went to the Ajijic water office and the jefe told me that to hook up. the cost would be 17,000 pesos. I thought it might be a little out of line and told my contractor what I had learned. He concurred and went with me to the Ajijic office and asked for a copy of the rules regarding this situation. The jefe responded with that he doesn't have the rules, but lowered the cost down to 12,000. My contractor said that they would deal with it in Chapala. The Chapala office approved for the connection, by Ajijic, and the charge was 4,500 pesos. Now I don't know if you can go over the city lines to pay elsewhere, but I was able to deal with Chapala for an Ajijic connection that was not quite kosher. Of course there was a penalty. The annual water charge for the Ajijic house, with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom less and smaller in size than my San Antonio house, is double what the San Antonio house water bill is. I sold the Ajijic house and still live in my San Antonio house.

Archived