Chapala.com Webboard

Maria isabela (old Posada)

traderspoc

Gringal & Computer Guy,

Reading your back & forth, I'd bet the issue was the pasta salad - if made with mayo / salad dressing and not stored correctly / kept cold, it can be dangerous long before it looks or smells off. And this happens a LOT on buffets.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/features/9-food-poisoning-myths

(actually says the problem may be the pasta, more than the mayo itself......)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can get a large number of customers and turnover like this place seemes to be getting then you can lower the price and control the sanitory conditions. In fact a large turnover on a buffet will guarantee that the food is not sitting there for long. That one persons "illness" was caused by this particular establishnent is no cause for all this reaction (pun intended).

We met 2 friends there for lunch on Thursday. The two fellas enjoyed the Buffet while my girlfriend had a great chicken Molcajete and I enjoyed the Vacio. They cooked it perfectly rare for me. They also had a sweet potato that was delicious!

The service was attentive and I thought the price for the quality of food on the Buffet was excellent. I'll try it next time. We all enjoyed our meals and would definitely go back.

Valerie :)

Tried to eat lunch there the other day with my sister-in-law who was visiting from the States. We sat there FOREVER at an outside table hoping to get waited on while the waiter walked past us a whole bunch of times without so much as an acknowledgement. I wish I could have tried the food but wasn't given the chance even though all the people around us seemed to have no problem getting served. I'm white, she's black, could that have had anything to do with it????

The Maria Posada is no longer on my fav. List.

I've eaten there about 6 times and always enjoyed it. We had the Sunday buffet there today and I felt like asking for my money back.

The beans didn't get put on the buffet until 12:30. The chicken wings were dryed up and look like they were left over from Super Bowl party. The dinner rolls were so hard that if I threw them across the room, they might kill someone.

We always said he couldn't make it on $69 pesos.

I think its catching up with them and they are having to keep the leftovers too long

Archived