Chapala.com Webboard

New 2014 Immigration Fees

Intercasa

So there is good news and bad news. Immigration fees are rising a bit for 2014, that is the bad news, the good news is that for those of you who have the misfortune of losing your temporal or permanente document, the replacement fee is only $1,040 pesos instead of the full fee for the time you requested originally.

New 2014 fees:

Temporal
1 year $3,243 pesos
2 years $4,559 pesos
3 years $6,154 pesos
4 years $7,294 pesos

Regularization
$1,036 pesos

Permanent
Study fee $1,036 pesos
Fee $3,953 pesos

Also the laws published today refer to new guidelines for payment forms so be sure to check before using an old payment form.

Regularization fee is if you renew late, study fee is first part of going permanent.

Other fees for 2014:

Tourist card: $306.00 pesos

Travel letters $332.00 pesos

Regularization fee is if you renew late, study fee is first part of going permanent.

Other fees for 2014:

Tourist card: $306.00 pesos

Travel letters $332.00 pesos

The total for going permanent is the total of the two fees-$4989? Our next renewal we will be renewing from our 4th year under FM3/residente temporal into permanent. Thanks.

Yes, permanentes will have government fees totaling $4,989 pesos.

Are the costs shown only the IMN fees? Are they allowing renewal for more than one year this time?

Spencer wrote:

Temporal

1 year $3,243 pesos

2 years $4,559 pesos

3 years $6,154 pesos

4 years $7,294 pesos

These are the INM fees for one year or 4 years. These are not the facilitator fees.

Yes they are base fees, excluding facilitator fees which vary.

It has been a number of years since we have entered Mexico on a tourist visa but I don't recall having to pay anything then. Has something changed?

If you flew into Mexico in the past, your tourist card fees were included in the airline ticket cost, so you may not have noticed them. They have been $20 - $24 for years.

Just ran into people at the bank making the wrong payment amount so alerted them as well as bank employees to the changes at Bancomer.

Regarding the tourist fee, I just called Alaska Air and asked if one of the fees was the tourist visa fee and they said there is no such item on my airfare. And I do not recall having to pay anything on arrival to Mexico prior to 2008 on our many trips to Mexico from the US. When you think about it, not many tourists arrive in Mexico with a bunch of pesos to pay such a fee.

The tourist card fee is included in the taxes and fees as code UK from one way and round trip flights originating outside Mexico. If you buy a ticket in the US, upon request, Alaska will refund you the tax if you show them your temporal or permanente card and fill out a form.

Regarding the tourist fee, I just called Alaska Air and asked if one of the fees was the tourist visa fee and they said there is no such item on my airfare. And I do not recall having to pay anything on arrival to Mexico prior to 2008 on our many trips to Mexico from the US. When you think about it, not many tourists arrive in Mexico with a bunch of pesos to pay such a fee.

Amazing because I had to pay a fee in my ticket price every time I flew into Mexico beginning back in the 70s.

You are paying the fee. Everybody pays the fee.

I stand corrected, despite what AK told me on the phone. On their website, I priced a flight and there was a link by the fare price for fees and there it was, about $22 at current exchange rates. I says that if someone is exempt from the tourist visa fee, provide documentation at check-in and they will credit you back this fee. Learn something new every day!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived