Chapala.com Webboard

dump truck on Independencia - for years

solajijic

We drove down Independencia once again today and that trashy old dump truck with the cardboard for windows has been there FOREVER.

Why can't that be towed away? It's been there for years. Most of the old stable and abandoned looking vehicles have been hauled off or moved since the new delegado took office. Can't he help with this one?

There is no question that it ruins the image of what was once called the prettiest block in the village. It also forces drivers up onto the sidewalk damaging the sidewalk and endangering pedestrians. i have spoken to Hector repeatedly and he has promised to do something. He has spoken to the owner who refuses to move it. Stalemate

We have a CRV which, as you know, is a fairly narrow compact vehicle. It is necessary to drive up on the sidewalk to avoid hitting the rear view mirrors of this wreck. I've watched wider vehicles just barely squeeze by between the walls and it.

It needs to be towed. It is obstructing a public street.

If it is currently plated, which I think it is, the answer is no.

If I parked my currently plated vehicle in such a way as it forced most of the traffic up onto the sidewalk, could I just leave it there indefinitely?

I think if anyone checked they'd find that there are rules about blocking public streets. As usual, the problem is probably enforcement.

I know Harry. But it has been YEARS as you well know. No one has even bothered to steal it or puncture the tires. We've had our tires poked several times because we left a vehicle too long in one place according to a certain someone who owns a B&B to the around the corner and to the east of the street south of our house. Nothing we can do about it but not park there. Even though the street is virtually empty at all times. So this one just puzzles me. I would hate having to drive around that every day and I have a rather good tolerance level.

My husband went by there late this afternoon. The truck is gone and a woman was cleaning up all the debris left under it.

Nicely done Hector and Harry B. Let's hope it stays gone.

Yes, both of you: I've been driving that road for a long time. I regularly park there for a visit to the lady who's house is right across the street from the truck, as is her garage. What a pain for her. And for all of us, having to scootch by that giant blight.

Archived