Chapala.com Webboard

Driving to PuertoVallarta

bojackson

My wife and I will be driving from Ajijic to PV on December 30th to meet up with some vacationing family. I would greatly appreciate it if someone who has made the trip recently could tell me the best route to take. I know there's a lot of construction going on that way. Any information would be appreciated.

I stand corrected...according to my hubby, that's the timing to San Pancho. And it depends on what time you leave and what day you travel on. Timing is everything and we don't stop at all on the way.

At holiday time, all bets are off.

I have just driven to Nuevo Vallarta, took me 4 hours 15 minutes, left Ajijic at 8.30 on Sunday morning, went via Guad and the toll roads. I would think that's about as fast as you can do it.

I make this trip regularly and you would have to be extremely fortunate not to encounter slow moving traffic when travelling on highway #200 through the mountains.

I make this trip regularly and you would have to be extremely fortunate not to encounter slow moving traffic when travelling on highway #200 through the mountains.

At that time on a Sunday morning there was not a great amount of slow moving traffic, and what there was I was able to get past reasonably quickly.

It was one of those trips where everything went well, hit most of the traffic lights at green. At the construction sites as I approached them it was our turn to go.. It was just my lucky day...

Archived