Chapala.com Webboard

PREDIAL (PROPERTY TAXES)

Monessen

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this site recently? I looked at my account this morning using the Uxxxxxx Predial Cuenta from last year's bill and this time got a hit. The total showing due online is more than twice the tax amount from 2012 which doesn't seem right. Maybe a 20% increase but not 150%.

John I noticed they adjusted the value of my house from last year maybe they did the same to you hence the hike.

The online statement doesn't show the valuation and looking back at previous bills the value has risen each of the previous years by a nominal amount. 2012 - 2013 increased by 10%.

Hopefully it is just a data entry error as they try to move this payment process online. A one year 150% increase in property valuation seems a little steep.

I was able to look at the 2014 Tax amount at the web site. Our taxes have gone up 96% (no, there are no decimals in this figure !!! )

The lot size and the construction size are not included on the on-line bill.

We have a couple of questions -

1) Is the lot size and construction size included on the paper bill at the Municipal Building for 2014 as it has been in the past if you pay in person not on line?

2) Where can we find what the house is valued for?

The paper bill should have lot size, construction size and values for each.

Mystery solved.

Some genius decided that out house was now 2 story instead of the one story it's been since 1989. That almost doubled the taxable construction size thus the jump in the impuesto. I went to the back room where a very nice young lady pulled up properties in an AutoCAD software program showing taxable square meters. That's where we saw the big old 2 on top of the house.

They wrote up a manual correction in a paper notebook saying to change the pisos back to 1 and to come back in another week or so to make payment on the corrected value.

The printed bill you get in Chapala carries value as Valor Fiscal on the let side in the middle. The land (terreno) and construction are noted on the top of the form.

The amount due on the paper bill in Chapala matched the online so it might be safe to pay by credit card or bank deposit.

I stand corrected. The paper bill from 2013 we received at the Municipal Building last year DOES have the valuation of the property, we just overlooked it.

But we will check with the Municipal Building to see if we've added a second story also!!!

I went to chapala.gob.mx and found my tax bill, but I wasn't successful with paying online. After entering my card information, and hitting "Pagar", the window disappears. (I'm bold and crazy so tried it more than once with two different cards and two different browsers.)

Has anyone been successful with this? Did you use a national debit or credit, foreign debit or credit, or what?

John, this "you added a second story" just happened to a friend of mine this week, too. But this was discovered after payment was made. No refunds allowed... come back next week for a paper saying an equal reduction "will be made next year".

After changing the 2 story back to one on the computer, they managed to adjust the construction square footage up by 40 square meters. Now the increase is only 50% instead of 150%.

They are using Google Earth satellite views to estimate the size of things like pools. Even though I said there hasn't been any construction on the property in the 10 years I've lived here and the pool was built with the house in 1989, they insisted that due to the new (nonexistent) construction I needed to pay the higher amount plus a 1% new construction fee.

I got them to agree to come out and measure the property in person next week. This step could backfire depending on how accurately they measured the house originally and how they'll do it now. The closing papers have a survey with the square meters for construction and land but the Catastro people didn't seem too interested in this information. We could end up with the original number, the one computed from Google Earth measurements or some new value.

The only thing I've found out for sure is that the impuesto amount found on the web site matches the discounted amount you'd wait in line to get in Chapala. Knowing that it appears safe to make an online payment unless in this case the new amount seems out of line.

Archived