Chapala.com Webboard

Gas stove repair

ladyoflake

depends on your sove brands. WIth some high end brands you are better off asking Tio Sam to help you and recommend a repairman. Some thermostat are easy to come by and some are not..good luck try calling 765 5653 or 045331 281 21 63 Miguel if you have a Mabe type .

I have excellent luck with ElectroVenta in Riberas. 765-2222. Eduardo is the manager; Alejandro is the main repair guy. Speaks excellent English. They will figure it out for you. The other day the gas burner dropped off the back of the intake valve in my oven, but I wasn't smart enough to figure that out. Alejandro pointed out to me that, even though my oven dial has temperature-marked detents, it does not have a thermostat. The temps are just a fairly good guess on the part of the manufacturer.

I've been cooking just fine with no built-in thermostat. I am looking for an oven thermometer for the odd time that it will be useful, but the detents on the knob have been good enough for everything else, more or less. It does explain why the recipe times and my actual times differ. The listed "temps" are actually lower than what they suggest.

• 3 years later...

Archived