Chapala.com Webboard

Yves

maggilu

Ives' is one of the best places at Lakeside. Now at their new location, they're repeating all the good things they did at their last location on the edge of the lake. Ives is a true restaurateur who pays attention to every detail. We're able to go there only for lunch, but wonder how it is in the evening.

Lexy

Lexy, I had dinner there Tuesday night after being there for breakfast and lunch several times. It is magical at night. The lighting (indoor and out) is perfect. The landscaping looks beautiful under the lights. Yves had luminarias lining the walkway and candles on the tables. We watched the full moon rise over the palm trees. The fountain was splashing and pool lighting added to the atmosphere. I had been concerned it would lose a lot without the lake view, but I like it even better now. It is private, peaceful, the ambiance delightful. Yves and his staff are relaxed and content. The food is still really good. It has become my go-to place.

• 1 month later...

Friday nite. Quite busy. 45 minutes before waiter graced us with his presence. 2 hours to food. Rib eye beautifully seasoned but perhaps the worst I have ever tried to eat. Tasted like the thawed it in hot water. Fries- couldnt even stick a fork into them to pick them up. I think yhe world of Yves. But the food was terrible, service very slow and will NEVER go back. Total waste of 1500 pesos - 4 persons.

Did you talk to Yves about what happened? I have never experienced anything like you describe in years of eating at Yves, on the lake and now at the new location. I am not saying it did not happen. I am saying it is most unusual and Yves would want to know.

Did you talk to Yves about what happened? I have never experienced anything like you describe in years of eating at Yves, on the lake and now at the new location. I am not saying it did not happen. I am saying it is most unusual and Yves would want to know.

Double ditto. Sometimes it is slow, but it's never been bad.

Archived