Chapala.com Webboard

Next Week Tianguis

hensley

I spoke to several vendors. One said the jefe of tianguis was not allowing the change of day, but many are going on Tuesday as Wednesday is a day for family. One said that is what the "pueblo" wants, and heck with what the jefe wants.

Others will go on Wednesday as usual. Some said they are going both days, and some will not go either day. Confused? Me, too.

I suspect both days there will be fewer vendors. But, who knows?

Whoa, dude, thanks for the insight! I thought this was little Canada. Oh, whoa is me. But you would be wrong about the date, o Navidad Breath.

Christmas is December 25th in Mexico. That's the day everything is closed and everyone spends time with their families. The 25th is recognized as Christ's day of birth, etc. etc. in Christianity, and Mexicans are a pretty religious bunch. They celebrate on Christmas Eve, though.

benwau is correct Christmas is celebrated in the night of the 24th and the 25th , Christmas Day is a quiet family day.

In the old days we would eat and go to te Midnight mass and open our presents in the morning (after te mass) of the 25th but now people do not want to have to stop their celebrations to go to mass so the mass is early in the evening.

In Spain kids would get their presents on Three Kings day and they still do in parts of Mexico. The 24th is not a quiet family day but the time for the women to cook ...

Hopefully someone will post the answer on Tuesday.

Traveler and LaChula posted answers.

About as good as you are going to get.

It is my understanding that Anitas had a sign up that said they would be there on Tuesday. The Jefe said Wednesday was market day and some vendors said no no no. And according to Johanson, at least one person will be there both days.

Word on the street is now Wednesday

Whoa, dude, thanks for the insight! I thought this was little Canada. Oh, whoa is me. But you would be wrong about the date, o Navidad Breath.

Christmas is December 25th in Mexico. That's the day everything is closed and everyone spends time with their families. The 25th is recognized as Christ's day of birth, etc. etc. in Christianity, and Mexicans are a pretty religious bunch. They celebrate on Christmas Eve, though.

If you use a Yahoo calendar it shows that Christmas is Dec. 26th in Mexico! LOL!

He might be asking if he does not have a car.

Thanks, Hensley, for speaking for we pedestrians that don't live in Ajijic!

If you use a Yahoo calendar it shows that Christmas is Dec. 26th in Mexico! LOL!

Yes, Yahoo has been acting up. A lot of us have had trouble with our yahoo email as well. Christmas Day is the 25th in Mexico as well as every other country I have lived in

In fact it's the 25th that's the Federal Holiday here in Mexico.

Traveler and LaChula posted answers.

About as good as you are going to get.

It is my understanding that Anitas had a sign up that said they would be there on Tuesday. The Jefe said Wednesday was market day and some vendors said no no no. And according to Johanson, at least one person will be there both days.

Word on the street is now Wednesday

Word on the street is that the market will be Wednesday. Wonder how many customers they will get - and wonder how many vendors will actually be there.

Word on the street is that the market will be Wednesday. Wonder how many customers they will get - and wonder how many vendors will actually be there.

Those official(s) who can make a decision made a decision about the market day..

Anita got a call from another [ reliable] vendor Monday afternoon to say, the market WILL be Wednesday.

This places Anita in an awkward spot in regard to employees, holiday, money, etc..

In addition to the 16% IVA tax on all pet foods, a few of the pet food manufactures are also increasing their price .

Anita literally can not afford to miss a day, even being at the market on Christmas day

when she might be able to obtain some donations and make some sales,

so Anita will be there Wednesday.

Today someone who has been watching over a very pregnant dog [ any day now delivery – too late to spay ]

for several days, brought her to Anita so she would not have her litter out on the street .

The person searched to see if there was an owner, but none found.

Meanwhile, the dog was trying to survive on the street . This person could not take in the dog.

A friend suggested that the dog might be named “Mary” and that she at least would have shelter for her forth-coming litter.

Well it is kind of funny that the vendors were telling everyone that this week they would be selling on Tuesday. Went by today and there is not a soul on the street, so I guess we will see how many show up tomorrow.

Most of the tianguis vendors take much more care concerning what veggies they buy and sell, when they go to Guadalajara at the crack of dawn (or earlier). WalMart and Soriana, who knows where they get their stuff, but they couldn't give a single damn about the quality. WalMart's biggest laugh has to be the "Tuesday vegetable specials", where they get a ton of typically poor produce and actually raise prices on some of it. I've seen white onions go from 9 to 22 pesos on a Tuesday.

And there I was Monday: no cauliflower, no celery, no mushrooms, tiny potatos, no leaf or sangre lettuce... what's up with that? Market in Chapala today had everything I wanted, including gigantic caulis.

I do not go to the wednesday tianguis any longer and still get fresh veggies , they are more options now than they used to be even without Wamart or Soriana. I just buy what looks fresh and plan around that rather than have a shopping list of must have veggies.

Archived