Chapala.com Webboard

Rochatas Bakery Cafe

fleeton

• 5 months later...

We just got back from a very pleasant luch at Rochata's. We split a sandwich, had cold beer in a frosty mug and enjoyed a piece of key lime pie. The owner, Marko, was an extremely plesant man who spoke EXCELLENT english. His wife MariaTeresa was also there, also a very pleasant person. They are expecting their first child this Wednesday. Cindy was the preparer of food and she did a great job and was also very friendly. The prices were very reasonable, the place was extremely neat and clean and because of it location was quite cool in the early afternoon. Marco told us he used to help operate Cheese Cake Factories in the U.S. This place is a gem and we will be returning on a regular basis.

We have eaten there twice within a couple of weeks, we like their sandwiches and even bought an extra bread to take home and make a sandwich. We like the bread with the seeds. The carrot cake was also good.

OK, MtnMama, you have thrown down the glove. I will see your Rochata pastel de tres leches and raise you one--but you have to come to Mexico City to try it!

Hey Maw, If you need a cake you need to contact Ruth at 376-765-7545, she is at the Monday market,does special events for Diane. . Pearl and some of her chocolates are in Mostly Chocolates in Ajijic. All proceeds go to the Hope House Orphanage. She does not do tres-leches, but anything else with fillings and incredible decorations. (She also delivers)

Hey Maw, If you need a cake you need to contact Ruth at 376-765-7545, she is at the Monday market,does special events for Diane. . Pearl and some of her chocolates are in Mostly Chocolates in Ajijic. All proceeds go to the Hope House Orphanage. She does not do tres-leches, but anything else with fillings and incredible decorations. (She also delivers)

Yes I have used Ruth Baker before- I had her make 60 cupcakes last year for an evento- 4 different designs- they were beautiful.

I do need the tres leches for Monday.

maw

Maw - I know that Rochata requests three days advance on orders. Their items are delicious. I bought a tiramisu cake back in April.

Thanks for letting me know- it looks like I'll have to order from Soriana.

I ordered a large sheet cake from Wal-Mart last year and they gave it to me uncovered.

They said they didn't have anything to put it in!

maw

MAW, talk to Jaime at Mario's. His wife Alicia is a professional baker, trained at Wilton, and HAS to be better than Soriana. I suspect she'd be glad for the work and able to do it for you.

Archived