Chapala.com Webboard

Soriana

CSOKI

I was talking to a local Mexican friend. She asked me in the course of the conversation why I don't like Walmart. I told her I don't like the way they treat their worker and she said Soriana is the same way and I should try to shop the small stores in town. Food for thought. She's lived here her whole life.

Good question! Here in Mexico, Walmart is the largest employer and people are anxious to find work there. It cannot be all bad.

So, please provide facts, unless it is just your unfounded opinion.

Wal-Mart MX is different than Wal-Mart in the U.S. I don't know why people don't understand that because the name of a company is the same the laws in another country are different and the company treats its employees differently. Wal-Mart Mexico provides IMSS health insurance for employees and the whole family is insured. The pay is as good or better than any similar job. Working for Wal-Mart in Mexico is a good job and we hurt the employees here by punishing them for what Wal-Mart USA does.

What the H does this constant use of issues mean? Folks throw it around with no context or explanation. It has several meanings, including your children, a magazine, the giving out of a summons, etc., etc.

So, please, Lakeside7, what exactly do you mean by a Walmart issue here in Mexico? Please do not keep us hanging. Whatever it is, we hope you will also make a constructive suggestion for improvement.

Archived