Chapala.com Webboard

Help - Mouse cursor has wanderlust !!

Arjay

I just bought a new Dynex wireless keyboard and mouse at Best Buy in Guad. When I have my hands off the keyboard and mouse, the mouse cursor moves across the page by itself.

Does anyone know how to cure this - I've never come across it before. Thanks.

:017:

Perhaps a mouse trap would help? Seriously, I have a Microsoft wireless mouse and sometimes I have to shake the hell out of it to make it behave. Haven't a clue why, but it always works.

I shook the heck out of that thing and it's still wandering around when I'm not typing - it's bizarre. I had a Microsoft keyboard and mouse before, also bought in Guad, but it gave up the ghost after about 2 years or less use. Bummer. Never had that problem with Canadian-bought products.

Any other thoughts from you techies out there?

Is there any other equipment nearby that could be "confusing" the (wireless/bluetooth) signal. Cell phone, speakers, something like that. Or, can you try it on another PC to see if the same thing happens? Which would indicate a faulty mouse, but that would be unusual.

I use to love a wireless mouse until I moved here, too much cost in batteries so I went back to wired and am very happy, they last a long time.

I also realized that battery cost was going to be significant when I moved here. I bought a charger (in the US) and enough batteries of all sizes to cover my items plus a few extras. As I've added some items here I've brought down more packs from trips back as I can find them up there at about 20-30% of the local cost. There's no repeat cost or worries as to where to recycle the dead ones.

Is there any other equipment nearby that could be "confusing" the (wireless/bluetooth) signal. Cell phone, speakers, something like that. Or, can you try it on another PC to see if the same thing happens? Which would indicate a faulty mouse, but that would be unusual.

This my 8th winter down here and the equipment hasn't confused my other keyboards and mouses, so it would be unlikely. We have nothing new that should interfere with the mouse cursor.

Hey, it's computer stuff. Anything is possible. (If computer repair was logical, life would be a lot easier for everyone.) I've seen it happen often enough. Some wireless devices are more picky than others. If this is not the answer, then as I suggested, try it somewhere else. Same result? Yep, take it back.

I am presuming you are using a Windows product. If so, click on your Start button and choose Control Panel. From there, things will vary depending on the version of windows. Look for Hardware and Sound, under that Devices and Printers, and then Mouse.

Click on Mouse and see if the manufacturer has given you an option that will solve your problem.

If your version of Windows is different from mine, just brows around until you find the Mouse panel.

There are lots of good things you can do there, like change your pointer and how fast the pointer moves.

Good luck

Go here:

http://www.dynexproducts.com/support.html

Put in your product ID info and download the specific driver for the device & install it. The "generic" Windows driver may not be 100% compatible.

Worth a try, anyway - downloading specific / updated drivers often does the job.

Archived