Chapala.com Webboard

bargain bin upholstery fabric

stuphel

I'm looking to purchase upholstery fabric for a sofa. Miguel in Riberas is doing the work for me, but doesn't have fabric that will do the job.

Is there an 'upholstery' or 'fabric' area in Tonala (or anywhere else) with a wide variety of fabrics (at reasonable prices) to choose from? Or even one good shop with lots of selection. I need it for an LLT show, so price is at least as important as quality.

Thanks

There are one or two fabric stores in Tlaquepaque (sp?) on the main shopping street, on the R as you walk down towards the restaurants and tourist info booth. I cannot remember their names, but the fabrics are lovely and there is a wide selection.

Also, if you walk down the main tourist in downtown Guadalajara, not far from the Mercado, towards the cathedral and theatre, there are loads of fabric shops about 3 blocks past the main plaza.

There are others on this board that can explain the location and names of these places better than I, but I just wanted to let you know about them.

on the carretera guadalajara-chapala going in the northward direction is a warehouse that sells fabric by the kilo--70p. you never know what you'll find there. it is about half way to the airport named "Telas Hernandez" and is a big yellow building standing almost alone a 100m or so off the carretera and visible from the road. good luck....

on the carretera guadalajara-chapala going in the northward direction is a warehouse that sells fabric by the kilo--70p. you never know what you'll find there. it is about half way to the airport named "Telas Hernandez" and is a big yellow building standing almost alone a 100m or so off the carretera and visible from the road. good luck....

It rarely has upholstery type fabric. It is mostly knits, cottons, cotton-blends, jean material, etc. A lot of the fabric is overstock from fashion designers. I've found some great stuff there, but nothing for upholstering furniture.

Archived