Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone used Earthboxes

Bigrig1919

I just bought one Earthbox at the Tuesday Market and considering buying several more to grow strawberry s, Tomatoes and Lettuce, etc.

The parent Company in Fla. Says , you can expect double yield over growing same plant in the ground.

Has anyone found that to be true in Lakeside?

I used Earthboxes this last summer in Colorado and as a result brought 4 here with me. So far I have one set up with my wife's parsley in it (she hasn't bought her other herbs yet) and have just put soil in the others. Two have soil that I got from the older garden center in Riberas, the other two have Miracle Grow potting soil I brought from the States.

In a greenhouse in Colorado, my wife's herbs did really well but were a whitefly magnet!

In Colorado, I put a tomato and cucumber in the other and used Miracle Grow potting soil. I also set tomato plants in my garden which I amended well and rototilled. The plants in the Earthbox took off like gangbusters. They were much more full and lush than the ones in the garden. But by the middle of the summer the ones in the garden were doing much better. Both were watered automatically. I believe that the ones in the Miracle Grow ran out of fertilizer.

So we will see how the ones do here where we don't have a garden to rototill!

Let's trade notes.

Rick

Just received the following ad from them:

header_01.jpg

spacer.gif2013%20bundle%20header.jpgspacer.gif

On Sale for 3 Days Only!

spacer.gifHoliday Bundles Are Back!
Each 2013 Holiday Bundle includes: 1 Original EarthBox gardening system, 1 EarthBox Junior Garden Kit, and 1 Replant Kit (Regular fertilizer only)
Choose from Green (1010734), Terracotta (1010735), or White (1010736).

Just $49.95 each when you use Promo Code BUNDLEUP at checkout!
Check out the EarthBox.com store now!

PLUS. . . Get Free Shipping
on ALL Orders Over $40 at EarthBox.com when you use promo code FREESHIP13 at Checkout!

Visit the EarthBox.com store to place your order!

99731.jpg

spacer.gifOrder 24/7 at 888.917.3908 or www.earthbox.com

99732.jpg

Promo Code "BUNDLEUP" offer available until Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Promo Code "FREESHIP13" offer available until Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Offer good only while supplies last. Rain-checks are not available for any back-ordered, sold-out, or out-of-stock items. Offer not valid on previous purchases, Education orders, or any wholesale orders. Sales tax will apply in PA. All orders must be purchased with intent for immediate delivery and cannot be placed on hold for a later shipping date/time. Delivery guaranteed in time for Christmas on orders placed by December 17, 2013. Expedited shipping options are available for additional charges. Offer applies to FedEx Ground S&H charges only--all other shipment methods will be charged accordingly. Free S&H does not apply to overweight surcharges or items that are required to be sent via priority shipping or air. Items shipped to AK, HI, Guam, VI and all other U.S. territories are not guaranteed to arrive in time for Christmas, will be delivered by Parcel Post, and charged accordingly for S&H fees. For customers wishing to ship orders to APO/FPO addresses via Parcel Post, please call Customer Service Monday-Friday at 1-800-821-8838 between 9 am - 5 pm EST. Offer valid only in the United States & U.S. territories. We regret that we cannot ship to any foreign countries, including Canada.

I talked to Robert Patterson (the Mex earthbox dealer) at the Tuesday Ajijic west Market and made arrangements to pick up more Earthboxes at his Guad home next week. He said he has hundreds of starter plants at his Guad home.

His phone # is 333-165-5361. Www,earthbox.mx. I'm very happy with the one I have that is planted with herbs.

With the water reservoir, I water it ever weekend. Most times, the reservoir takes very little water.

Archived