Chapala.com Webboard

Have you used Miramontes Transport ?

twelveoaks

My wife and I need early morning transportation from La Reserva to tha Actinver parking lot and plan to use Miramontes as they have a reputation for reliability.

Our trip is two weeks from now and I am concerned about calling them too early and possibly getting overlooked ( lost in the shuffle ). We thought we would call for a pick up about four days out and then call and confirm the day prior.

Does this sound like a good plan or am I over thinking it ?

If you have actually used them we would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks

The best one! reliable and good drivers (He and family)...

Here is a reply that I posted last May for a similar question. It bears repeating:

"Francisco & sons Miramintes 766-1142

A couple of days ago we used Francisco & Sons (actually the son, Luis) to take us to the Casa Grande hotel at the airport in preparation for an early morning flight the next morning.

When paying him I mistakenly included a 100 CANADIAN dollar bill along with 3 - 100 peso notes.

After being in our room for 15 minutes, Luis called from the lobby and explained what happened and returned the money to me.

Needless t say, I would never have known.

They are definitely the only airport transportation company that I will use from now on."

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Just used their service. I could not figure out how to use my new cellphone with ATT Passport, and Julio (cousin of Luis) phoned us while we were undergoing "treatment" by customs. When we finally emerged, there was Julio, name sign in hand, and all was well once again. Travel to Ajijc was expeditiously managed. We'll use them again!

I have used Francisco for 25 years, their sons grew up in the business, all speak English, call now as they are very busy with regulars like me,  they keep an appointment book, and are always reliable,  When I quit driving a couple years ago, I gave them my Van, it is now one of the taxi they use to take people out of town...

Do they take people to the border in Laredo to the Mexican Consulate? I don't want to drive my oldy truck up there and back. Good for around here, no more. Has anyone used them for that? I realize it wouldn't be cheap, but better than other options I would have right now. Not happening for a few months, but got a job and will be initiating the work visa in next couple months.  

Archived