Chapala.com Webboard

Donations for Police Officers holiday party

The police department is seeking donations of toys, money, etc. for their annual Christmas party. Their party is on the 20th of December. Any donations can be dropped off at the police station on Niños Heroes and Zaragoza in Chapala. One officer I spoke with said that if they could get the donations by the 15th that would be best.

Any help is appreciated.

This is an event for the kids to get to meet the police and get some refreshments and toys, or what? So they are looking for trinkets, cookies, soft drinks, or the money to buy those?

This is an event for the kids to get to meet the police and get some refreshments and toys, or what? So they are looking for trinkets, cookies, soft drinks, or the money to buy those?

It is for the police officers' children and families. They are looking for toys, money so they can go and buy toys and money they can use towards their food and refreshments.

Just bumping this back up to the top of the board.

I have had a few people ask me if they are only trying to get donations from the expat community and that is a huge no. The paper that the cops have been handing out are in Spanish and they have been going from store to store for the last week handing them out. One of the police officers that I know that speaks English asked me if I could ask my friends and clients for donations as well.

The majority of the cops here work 24 hours on, 24 hours off. They make very little money for the amount of danger their lives are in every day. On top of that, with their work schedules, they don't always get to spend as much time with their spouses and kids as they would like. Their annual holiday party is a time that they all get together and they try to make it special for their families.

Any little bit helps. I've had a few clients give me $20 pesos to give to them. I've had some give much more. If you want to buy toys and drop them off at the police station you can certainly do that. Or cash. They will be very appreciative.

If you want, I can collect cash and toys as well. I will be giving them to the two officers that have been going around looking for donations this weekend. PM me for more info.

Archived