Chapala.com Webboard

What is a suitable baby shower gift for boy?

Arjay

We faced a similar dilemma a few months ago, though with a baptism,

not a birth, and asked our housekeeper, gardener and neighbors what they

felt was an appropriate gift. All agreed money is the best gift you can give.

Though it does seem rather impersonal, you can argue that one size fits all,

and it's always the perfect color. As to the amount, I guess that depends

on your personal situation and how close these friends are.

Mi Bebe y Yo has wonderful packages that we sell for just this thing and they are beautiful, I would have to find out the price as it is really reasonable, if you are interested let me know.

vzjz86.jpg

The gifts are the same as NOB, but be aware that unlike up North, the mother-to-be is not going to sit and open presents for everyone to ooh and aah over. I've been to four baby showers and two wedding showers and never have the gifts been opened at the party. I've been told it's Mexican etiquette so as not to embarrass those of modest means who can't afford lavish gifts. Also, unlike up North, showers aren't always just for the women; every one I've been to has included the husbands as well, usually plying them with tequila.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

We decided to go with the money and card idea, as did many others. Some considered the baby shower to be for women only, but my husband and I were both invited so we and many of our friends went with our spouses and all had a good time. The mother-to-be baked a wonderful carrot cake - YUM.

Archived