Chapala.com Webboard

Kefir grains, probiotic pluuus

Kismet

At the Monday foods and craft market, now near Jonny's in San Antonio, kefir creme and liquid is sold by a guy. You have probably heard about the digestive health benefits of kefir. Easily searched on internet.

Anyway, does anyone out there know if I can buy kefir grains on the Northside of Lake Chapala? Guadalajara area? I'm having no luck finding them on my own.

Probiotics are great but I am not going to the States until April. The kefir products sold at the Monday market are also great, I just want to make my own. Maybe bite the shipping and mail with USA Amazon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

FYI:

28096_yakult-bottles.jpg

Why drink Yakult?

You may not think about your digestive system when you think about your overall well-being, but that's where good health and proper nutrition begins. Drinking Yakult daily may help balance your digestive system. For 75 years, people around the world have been making Yakult a part of their daily diet – now you can, too!

On top of all the benefits Yakult tastes great! Over 28 million children and adults around the world enjoy the delicious citrus taste of Yakult every day.

Sorry, I can't seem to find room after taking in all that coconut oil, probiotic yogurt, kombucha tea, soy and almond milk, microalgae, and tempeh while doing my reiki. Oh, wait, I don't have any trouble digesting foods. I guess then I should just switch to a different diet: maybe the zone, the south beach, the Mediterranean, or raw foodism.

I feel the same way, ComputerGuy. Fads are fads and there is a certain mentality that is attracted to them if they have exotic sounding names. Most of those names are just the names of common traditional foods, centuries old, from other parts of the world; usually the impoverished parts full of skinny people. So, maybe the fad seekers thing they will get skinny by eating those things.

I think I may soon have to augment my income, so watch for the grand opening of my shop selling EKMEK. It is absolutely natural and tastes wonderful. It is an entirely pro-life product with a seven century history of health benefits.

To RVGRINGO and ComputerGuy...you guys are TOOO funny!

I would imagine that you are both in reasonably good health and have probably never had chronic bowel issues or immune system issues...so I'm only gonna whip ya both with a wet noodle.

Yes, the fads are getting ridiculous...and I certainly wouldn't do them ALL together. If you've got an obvious problem then only do ONE thing at a time and give it time to work (or not) otherwise you won't know what's working.

The fact remains that your bowel is the backbone of your immune system...and I have a pile of scientific studies bookmarked to back that up. Many autoimmune diseases can start with a bowel problem.

Everybody's different...whatever works for you personally.

Bowels? They took out a meter and a half of mine in a colectomy last February. Oh well; I live and eat. So far, so good.

Reasonable health? Not lately. I feel like a hermit, but I do like noodles.

One at a time is excellent scientific procedure. Too bad so few took Science 101.

Good humor is a good idea.

Enjoy.

You, RVGRINGO, have the most amazing attitude of anyone on this board. Good on ya!

You've got my hubby beat hands down...he only had 20 inches of his small intestine removed along with the four inch tumour that was obstructing it.

Please take a really good probiotic with multiple strains in it. We need you.

If you don't need it then you don't need it. Believers are those who have usually been desperate to try just about anything and the people who love them. Modern medicine failed them.

I sincerely hope that you will never be required to become a believer Mike.

• 3 years later...
On 11/26/2013 at 2:14 PM, Solfeggio said:

I have milk kefir (called bulgaros here) and water kefir (called tibicos here). Both are super high in good things, but they multiply and I periodically get too much. If the OP has trouble finding healthy seeds, I can split mine.

I know it has been an unreasonably long time to respond to this, but I just joined. If you are still here and have trouble wading through the grains, I am happy to take some. I just started looking around for some grains to make my own!

On 11/26/2013 at 8:49 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Sorry, I can't seem to find room after taking in all that coconut oil, probiotic yogurt, kombucha tea, soy and almond milk, microalgae, and tempeh while doing my reiki. Oh, wait, I don't have any trouble digesting foods. I guess then I should just switch to a different diet: maybe the zone, the south beach, the Mediterranean, or raw foodism.

Don't forget all your gluten free products which you have to eat even though you aren't a celiac, but have been led to believe that gluten is some kind of poison, like lead or arsenic.

Archived