Chapala.com Webboard

Closest car dealership in U.S. to sell vehicle

desertdave

I will soon need to take my 2005 Toyota Rav 4 to the states to sell. Since it's a J car I cannot nationalize it. The registration and plates are from Nevada and are not current. Where is the best and closest place to drive to and sell the car.

I sent you a PM

I will soon need to take my 2005 Toyota Rav 4 to the states to sell. Since it's a J car I cannot nationalize it. The registration and plates are from Nevada and are not current. Where is the best and closest place to drive to and sell the car.

I sent you a PM with Sonia's information. Sonia is able to nationalize J cars.

I sent you a PM with Sonia's information. Sonia is able to nationalize J cars.

I don't believe this to be true and many have lost money attempting to have someone do this for them. I will allow the post to stay for the moment to see how it plays out.

I got a PM from John/Sonia which indicates they have been able to nationalize some J cars all the way through state plates in several states other than Jalisco. You might want to contact them and see whether they think it can be done for Jalisco as well.

Here is their contact email:

SONIANGEL32@hotmail.com

We just caved in, sold our perfectly good low mileage J car to a relative and bought a replacement in GDL. You can find better deals on cars there than you will Lakeside but used cars are not cheap here.

Go to the site and read what she has done. No one has posted denying her claims. You know her husband Ajijic and he has yet to misinform us or never that I know of. I think Sonya is nationalizing through UCD which is perfectly legal.

According to my emails with Sonia, her non-NAFTA Nationalization has nothing to do with the UCD process. She has been successful doing a couple for people in Manzanillo, Ixtapa and San Miguel. It is done through a broker in Chihuahua. The NAFTA ones are done through a Mexicali broker but the Aduana office is in Chihuahua also. She also stated that the non-NAFTA Nationalizations may not last much longer.

According to my emails with Sonia, her non-NAFTA Nationalization has nothing to do with the UCD process. She has been successful doing a couple for people in Manzanillo, Ixtapa and San Miguel. It is done through a broker in Chihuahua. The NAFTA ones are done through a Mexicali broker but the Aduana office is in Chihuahua also. She also stated that the non-NAFTA Nationalizations may not last much longer.

I assumed it was UCD because she has another program with UCD. I didn't look that closely because I don't care. I don't have a non-NAFTA vehicle, I am not getting mine nationalized anytime soon and what difference does it make? As long as she can get a non-NAFTA vehicle nationalized, isn't that all that matters?

I assumed it was UCD because she has another program with UCD. I didn't look that closely because I don't care. I don't have a non-NAFTA vehicle, I am not getting mine nationalized anytime soon and what difference does it make? As long as she can get a non-NAFTA vehicle nationalized, isn't that all that matters?

Joco the reason I mentioned this is that some people, maybe rightfully so, have a big skepticism about the UCD program.... and it is only available to those (through Sonia) for those in Guanajuato, Queretaro and San Luis Potosi. I wanted to state, for those who DO need to Nationalize a "J" car, that there was no connection. No more, no less.

I think with UCD you are not Nationalizing, and do not get state plates, but continue to pay a fee every year until supposedly sometime in the future you may have a chance to nationalize. Not sure you can go and come like a real Nationalization. I tthink the possibility still exists that depending where you go, you might lose your car. :(

Joco the reason I mentioned this is that some people, maybe rightfully so, have a big skepticism about the UCD program.... and it is only available to those (through Sonia) for those in Guanajuato, Queretaro and San Luis Potosi. I wanted to state, for those who DO need to Nationalize a "J" car, that there was no connection. No more, no less.

You must live in those states plus Chihuahua (I think) to drive with UCD plates. From memory, John had written once that when you have UCD plates that you can move on to nationalizing for a fraction of the cost through UCD and you drive with the plates of whatever state you are in. When a vehicle is nationalized through UCD it gets the plates of the state not UCD. It has been months since he explained it but I think I have it close to right.

As I understand it, if you don't get your Pedimento, Sonia/John refund your charges.

I would suggest the OP get in touch with them through the email I provided and see what the current situation is. I don't believe they'll mislead you, if they can't do it, they'll say so, otherwise it might be an alternative to getting rid of the car.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you can import the car, even with the cost and hassle it is still much cheaper than selling it at wholesale and paying the usual retail here for a replacement.

Good luck!

Archived