Chapala.com Webboard

Don't Understand INM Seguimiento de Trámite

I live here in Guadalajara and speak fluent Spanish, but I am having difficulties both understanding at, at times, accessing pages on the INM website. Go figure, eh? When I enter my Pieza numero and my password. The INM site finds all my data, saying that I have been registered, but that there is no resolution of the visa yet (Resolución = sin resolución). I went in to register in mid-October, paid the approx. 4,700 pesos for two years, and submitted officially translated bank statements done by an authorized translator (copies and itemized translations of 3 months´of recent bank statements).

The confirmation of my registration was October 16th. The woman at the INM told me to fill in the "Formato Básico" online, which I did and has been saved, but at first I had a hard time getting into the page, It says from the page that the last update was on October 24tth! Other than go back and talk to them in person, I don't what the problem is. Nothing is indicated on my personal INM page, and where I should proceed. I hope this is the right place to post this kind of question. Thanks.

I think your best bet is to go to INM with your data and ask. The card may well be ready, asuming you have been fingerprinted and have paid. They may be waiting for you to make the next move; or it may be SNAFU, as a definite possibility.

Thanks. I have paid but have not been fingerprinted, because they do that only on the day you hand in the photographs and they give you the new card. But it may hopefully be just a snafu, as you say, and will have to waste another half day there to find out if it can now be issued or if they need further data.

Thanks. I have paid but have not been fingerprinted, because they do that only on the day you hand in the photographs and they give you the new card. But it may hopefully be just a snafu, as you say, and will have to waste another half day there to find out if it can now be issued or if they need further data.

This description seems a little off from how it actually works. You pay the residency application fee, and then you take the proof of payment bank document with your photos to INM. INM fingerprints you and you sign several things. INM takes those fingerprints, photos, and signatures, send the whole schmear to their office in Distrito Federal to have the information logged. One photo and one signature get converted into a card. The card then gets sent back to our local INM office. The processes of mailing, logging our information and making a card takes about 10-14 days, so you do not get a new card when you hand in your photos.

Did you take the proof of payment statement from the bank, plus your ID photos, and give it all to INM? If so, then your INM online account page should show they accepted/received the payment. If not, go into your INM office and show them proof of payment and give them your ID photos.

When we were fingerprinted and paid, in Guadalajara for our Residente Permanente, we still had to wait for the cards to be produced in DF and returned to Guadalajara. When the online status indicated that the cards had been produced, it was still another week before we could get them.

Archived