Chapala.com Webboard

Kitchen Faucet

stuphel

We're doing a kitchen renovation on a budget, and are looking for a new faucet set. We'd like a brushed nickel/stainless effect. We've been to the hardware store next to Illumina/Decora; to the tile/kitchen/bath place around from the bus station in Chapala, as well as el Tio Sam. We also went into Home Depot in Guadalajara.

El Tio Sam's were nice, but pricey; no real selection of brushed finish in the other stores. Is there another kitchen/plumbing place locally (maybe in Joco?) that we might consider? Thanks.

The sad truth is that on Niños Héroes you will see relatively few choices a thousand times. We ordered what we wanted from Amazon and begged someone to bring it down for us. If you do decide to shop on Niños Héroes, limit yourselves to looking at Mexican brands such as Moen--they are almost always substantially less costly than the imported brands.

Actually, I have a very nice stainless (nickel finish, not brushed) gooseneck kitchen faucet/handles that I am not using and that I would be glad to sell. If you'd like to see a photo and get a price quote, let me know.

Having been this route twice we too have ordered from the internet and had it sent. It saved days of looking and deciding and wasn't too costly considering the time, effort and gasoline plus chore exhaustion.

Amutio has the same prices here and Guad

We priced new toilets at Amutio that use a pressure system to flush vs the float.

The price was $1995 for the one we liked- we went to Guad and bought one for $750!

Maybe the faucets are the same price- haven't priced them to compare.

maw

Archived