Chapala.com Webboard

shoe repair

AJIJICLADY

I use the Shoe Repair shop in Chapala to fix luggage. I have been very satisfied. The street is the one before Americas Furniture/Department store.

Yes, in Chapala, on Degollado. In the 2nd Block off of Madero (Main Street). It will be on your right hand sign. Just drive along until you see an open double door, and look for shoes on the counter.

second that - I took a bunch of sandals in to be dyed - plus a repair here and there......i haven't tried any place else but was really satisifed with this placee

Felipe is good, but if you are a gringo, he will try to shake you down. He spent 5 min. punching one hole in my shoe and charged me $20 pesos. Not bad, I agree. However, the Mexican lady before me had some work done on BOTH her shoes and when he told her it would be $30 pesos, she said "I will pay you 20" and she did. I am not accustomed to being taken advantage of, but, I am a quick learner and this will not happen again. Now please don't lecture me on what this would cost in CA or the states. WE ARE NOT IN EITHER PLACE!!!

Felipe is good, but if you are a gringo, he will try to shake you down. He spent 5 min. punching one hole in my shoe and charged me $20 pesos. Not bad, I agree. However, the Mexican lady before me had some work done on BOTH her shoes and when he told her it would be $30 pesos, she said "I will pay you 20" and she did. I am not accustomed to being taken advantage of, but, I am a quick learner and this will not happen again. Now please don't lecture me on what this would cost in CA or the states. WE ARE NOT IN EITHER PLACE!!!

So - at which of the locations mentioned above will we find Felipe?

Archived