Chapala.com Webboard

dead meter, advice needed

natbug

Recently a friend had 3 transformer blowouts near her home. In the process, the new digital meter CFE installed went crazy resulting in a 5000p bill. She hired an electrician to help her get the bill investigated and the meter replaced. CFE came out, verified that the meter was defective, removed the meter, placed it on top of her wall, put a paper over the spot where the meter had been and left her electricity hooked up. It's been a month now and the paper and meter are still in the same places. My question is: what, if anything, should she do about this? She is receiving free electricity at this time. Will she eventually be charged for it? Should she contact CFE, or would it be smarter to let sleeping dogs lie?

My meter was stolen a year ago. I notified CFE within three days and said it was not an emergency as I had had a "friend" reconnect me. I got a work order. I went in several times within a 2 or 3 month spell afterwards. Once I did not have a bill and they coud do nothing. I continue to get a bill though and this I was told was "averaged". Different math than Canadian math as one was higher than I had ever had but they are reasonable so I am letting sleeping dogs lie. BTW, two new homes have gone up on my block, one right next door to me, and they seem not to have noticed the gaping hole on my wall.

That sleeping dog could cost her a bundle. They'll estimate her bill and charge her. Call Raul Medina (045) from a land line 333-166-3444. He is a mechanical engineer and works with CFE

My CFE meter was vandalized 3 yrs ago, found in pieces in the street. I took it into the local CFE office where my Mex. gardener explained to the young girl at the desk (who was obviously not the least bit interested) & she recieved the broken meter, placed it on a table, filled out a work order and we left. Months passed, no new meter. I went back in & spoke to the manager, I made calls to head office, sent them emails TO WHICH THEY RESPONDED in English... and 3 years later, still no meter. I do get a monthly bill as my casita has a meter, but the main house is getting free power. I give up trying to give them money which they are too lazy or too incompetant to do anything about. I even spoke to my Mex. lawyer about it and even he said to leave it be. Que sera, sera.

We had our meter stolen about 7/8 months ago..power was reconected by an electrcian..I reported it stolen and was given a work order #, which I placed in the hole in the wall.

Meantime I am getting a billing every 2 months showing 45.00pesos which I think is minimum usage charge. I guess your charge could be based on a average of past 6mths usage. This house was vacant hence the low readings.

I think it is important that every time you make a visit to the CFE office you get the girl to note that you have made follow up report

FREE POWER does not exist, bear in mind that sooner or later they will catch up and charge for all the power that you used, even without having a meter, they will estimate and charge you, and sometimes that means a huge bill .

If you don't have a meter, go to CFE ans insist on getting one.

If you are not paid attention, climb up the ladder and escalate .

Archived