Chapala.com Webboard

state cops inside wallmart with weapons

The Federal and State Police are under threat of being killed just for wearing the uniform any where, any time, on duty or off, alone or with their families. They have attacked at all times and places. They must remain alert to possible threats and armed. I certainily wouldn't want their job. There is no place where they can let their guard down.

The Federal and State Police are under threat of being killed just for wearing the uniform any where, any time, on duty or off, alone or with their families. They have attacked at all times and places. They must remain alert to possible threats and armed. I certainily wouldn't want their job. There is no place where they can let their guard down.

A typo, no doubt--but true nonetheless.

Not third "class"... third "world". It's a catch-all: Because many Third World countries were extremely poor, and non-industrialized, it became a stereotype to refer to poor countries as "third world countries", yet the "Third World" term is also often taken to include newly industrialized countries like India, Brazil or China. Historically, some European countries were part of the non-aligned movement and a few were and are very prosperous, including Switzerland and Austria.

"Armed police like these? Not in first world countries"

Is Paris in a third world country or maybe you have never been there... there are plenty of countries with cops armed with semi automatic weapons. In Paris they are everywhere . Just get used to it , it is the way it is.

It is true that I have yet to see the armed cops shopping with their weapons , in France there is no shopping while on duty but this is Mexico...

That is not the way it is where I spend half of my year, nor have I ever seen it before except in Mexico. I think you said it correct at the end. Thanks. :) P.S. Paris is a city.

Of course Paris is a city,who said otherwise?

I said Paris because that is where I used to live but you will see the same thing in small towns when there are problems although for some reason I have never seen the armed cops shopping, that is scary because if anyone is after them and a gun battle starts , this put all the shoppers in danger and really this is not right.. I wonder if it is allowed here. Done yes but is there any inside rule against it within the police force?

Maybe they were on their way to or from the troubles in Michoacan..see report in the LA Times

At least five people were killed in a spasm of violence that shook one of Mexico’s largest states over the weekend, authorities said Monday.

Gunmen on Sunday blew up 18 electrical substations -- twice the originally reported number -- and torched six gasoline stations in Michoacan state, just west of the nation's capital. Nearly half a million people were left without electrical power for 15 hours.

During that time at least five people were killed during a gun battle at the city hall in Apatzingan, one of the state's principal cities, the state prosecutor’s office reported Monday. It said all of the dead were men in their late teens or early 20s, but it did not say what group they belonged to, if any. Authorities initially had reported no casualties.

Guard sitting at power substation on way to Ajijic now I know why.

Z

I said Paris because that is where I used to live but you will see the same thing in small towns when there are problems although for some reason I have never seen the armed cops shopping, that is scary because if anyone is after them and a gun battle starts , this put all the shoppers in danger and really this is not right.. I wonder if it is allowed here. Done yes but is there any inside rule against it within the police force?

Same is true in Athens, Florence, and Rome--armed security (police or otherwise) in front of banks, some stores, etc.

Same thing in Frankfurt Germany. Last time I was there in the airport, a Ukrainian mob boss had been sucking down liquid-courage for the upcoming flight into Kiev. He got progressively more loud and aggressive in the gate area, as his two no-necked book-ends tried to shush him. Their efforts only seemed to annoy him, as he became more and more verbally aggressive, until the airline's agent came over and told him to settle down. He responded by ordering his bodyguards (in Russian) to "shoot her". I was never so relieved as the gate agent made a discreet motion, and German police with automatic assault rifles appeared in under 10 seconds of the gesture. He was carted him off, and the bodyguards shrugged and got onto the flight. Germany and other first world countries do have well armed police and military out on their front-lines too.

Archived