Chapala.com Webboard

Sky tv

gary c.

Curious about few English programs. I clicked through the tv at the office in Joco. Seemed like there were quite a few that were English only or in both languages if you clicked on the right switch button. There are several packages and the one with movies to the hobo seems to have several USA looking stations. TMC, SYFY, NATL GEO, etc. Am I wrong about this? The tv service through Telmex doesn't have enough English for us ... Telex able hasn't been popular with our neighbors in SJC, I don't think we can use Shaw, and DIrect tv seems too costly.

We don't watch tv much...we do have Netflix and can get US tv on the iPads (some shows from the network sites). We'd like CNN, ESPN, some movies, and a few other options.

Thanks for the info and any additional thought.

Carol

SKY does not offer familiar US or Canadian networks, but there is plenty of English programing and popular shows on Sony, Warner, AXN, TLC, Fox, BBC Entertainment, ID, History, NatGeo, and various Discovery channels, all in basic package. Also a number of movies channels and CNN International and Fox News. Also HBO channels in deluxe pkg. and monthly program of PPV movies

• 3 years later...

If you want to do anything with Sky you have to call the main number at 01-55-5169-0000. Press 8 for English.

You can go to the office to see what programming is offered but in my experience thay can't do much more than offer information.

It gets more complicated if you want Sky HD because the English speaking division can't help. They dump you off to a totally separate department completely in Spanish.

Goggle SKY MEXICO and you can see the different plans. If you want to sign up........have a Mexican friend help you and reward them properly. Worked perfectly for us.

Also no matter what you do or what they tell you they will add on the Guide which you will receive in the mail near the end of the month. The current month. You will have to pay for the first month but have your friend cancel it. Don't stress or get mad, it's just Mexico.

This and next pertains to SKY.

USTV NOW is not too picky about who you are or where you are from. Should be good to go.

The tech who installs your system can change the language from Spanish to English on all the channels where that is possible but certainly is not required to as you can do it yourself if you know how. Be nice to your installer and you will be a happy camper.

Archived