Chapala.com Webboard

Adelita's

mexicomoose

We're new to the area and big "foodies." The son of our real estate agent, Steven, who works at Adelita's, strongly recommended that we try them b/c the food was so good. We went and have to agree, their food is totally AWESOME. This place might "look" like a typical bar, but do not let that fool you. Adelita's has SO much more to offer than typical bar food. Their pizza is the best that we've found at lakeside, better even than Focaccia's and WAY better than Toscana's. Their spinach salad is unbelievably tasty. Their ribs are great and their chicken wings are some of the best that I have had ANYWHERE, especially the curry variety. We've eaten there four times already in just about a month and will keep going back on a regular basis. Everything that we've eaten there has been top notch and very tasty. The service is excellent and Jason is a very gracious host.

We have not been there for the live music yet, but I hear that it is excellent and that is on our agenda. I HIGHLY recommend that you give Adelita's a try. I think that you'll go back too. By the way, their website recently changed to: http://adelitabarandgrill.com/

Five and a half years ago i moved to a house 2 blocks from Adelita's in San Antonio and have been a regular ever since and seen all the permutations over this time. First it was owned by a nice Mexican lady who did not have a clue. She was trying to make it a kind of Tea House with dainty sandwiches, etc. This did not last long. It was then bought by Jason's (current owner) mom and she improved the menu and started bringing in music on weekends. A big improvement but the food (mostly Pub food) and music never caught on. I think it was about 3 years ago that Jason took over and being a musician himself improved the music with the Lucky Dogs and other acts on the weekends. The food improved but not to a great degree. I think that about one and a half years ago he brought in the current chef, a Canadian with high culinary training and food imagination. Since then the food offerings have improved greatly and I would put it in the top 5 or so lakeside restaurants. I walk there on average once a week (i know every cobblestone and broken sidewalk along the route) and since the new chef took over enjoy a meal, wine and the music to the max. It attracts a great mix of American, Canadian and Mexican clientele of all age groups, singles and couples. In my many enjoyable nights there i have never heard a nasty word or witnessed an "incident" of any kind I feel very good that i do not have to drive and would compare this venue to some of the great music venues of L.A. in the 70's and 80's that I used to patronize at about a quarter of the tab. 35 peso wine, great meals that average 100 pesos and 20 peso cover...are you kidding me! I am sure that Jason was concerned reading the rant of the OP to which he responded quite well, but he must be smiling now to see that this has been turned on it's ear with all the above posters positive comments

The ribs are excellent, juicy and tender, and they are a great deal on Thursdaysat $75. The beer is cold and the draft is generous. I just wish they would turn the recorded music down so folks could hear to talk. Loud is ok on the live music nights but the earlier crowd is there to eat and socialize.

The ribs are excellent, juicy and tender, and they are a great deal on Thursdaysat $75. The beer is cold and the draft is generous. I just wish they would turn the recorded music down so folks could hear to talk. Loud is ok on the live music nights but the earlier crowd is there to eat and socialize.

Geeser, slight correction. Tuesday is Rib Night at Adelita's. We were just there last night and the place was PACKED!!

Thursday night is Chicken Wings Night, and man do they have great wings!! :-)

Archived