Chapala.com Webboard

Tonala bus station - taxi vans available?

You can get a taxi right outside the doors there but you pay an additional charge to leave the bus station by taxi. The driver has to stop at a gate and do some paperwork before he can leave the bus terminal, I suspect it is billing. The extra charge is added to your fare. If you are on the road and flag down a taxi he does not have to pay this extra, neither do you.

When I go to use the new bus station I take the Chapala bus as far as "Alamo" get off and take a taxi to the new bus station.

Bournemouth, I have never seen a taxi van at the Central Camionera Nueva. That doesn't mean there might not have been one at some time, but not in my experience.

I think your best bet is to make local arrangements for pickup of your artisans and their goods. Far better to be sure.

Does anyone know if taxi vans are available at the new bus station. Feria Maestros del Arte will need to transport two sets of artists and their items from the bus station to Chapala on Nov. 14th.

All information gratefully received.

Hi,

We came to the Bus Station early this morning, via ETN bus and I purposely was looking for a van, for one of our purchased items from Texas. There was not a Van to be found, luckily we were able to leave a window open for our needs.

I realize an open window, will not be a fix for your problem though. LOL Just thought I would report for you.

Good luck,

Fox

I also have never seen a taxi van at that bus station. I took the bus last month, and only small taxis (who were trying to convince me that for $50usd they would drive me to chapala and it would be a great deal. Um, no.)

What did you end up paying to get to Chapala? I have paid 550 pesos and 500 pesos to travel between Tonala and Chapala.

What did you end up paying to get to Chapala? I have paid 550 pesos and 500 pesos to travel between Tonala and Chapala.

I paid $127 pesos to get over to the old bus station and $50 pesos from there to take the Directo bus back to Chapala. I could have taken a taxi to Alamo for cheaper, but it was during rush hour and I didn't want to deal with trying to find the Directo and risking having to stand the whole way back to Chapala. I was also too tired to figure out taking a bus from the new station to the old and didn't want to deal with the time involved, as knowing it would already be dark when I got back to Chapala, didn't want to add on more time.

I never take a taxi between Chapala and Guadalajara bus stations, as the Directo is cheaper. Going to the new station, you can get off the Directo at el Alamo and take a taxi to the bus station. Rather save the money for something more worthwhile.

Archived