Chapala.com Webboard

Dentures and partial plates

CHAPALAMAC

I have no personal experience with the cost of a partial plate here, but based on what we're paying here for my husband to have an implant of two teeth with bone graft and two crowns to follow (compared to U.S. prices), I'm thinking you could come have a vacation here Lakeside combined with the cost of the partial for the amount your dentist is quoting there.

Comparing prices in other place to Mexico reminds me of a story I was told about quality..

Ouality is like buying oats,

If you desire new fresh oats you have to pay a fair price

If you can be satisfied with oats that has already ben through the Horse..that comes considerably cheaper

Dental Express-I recently had 20 extractions, x-rays, temporary dentures and then permanent dentures for

$1200.00 USD. Am very happy with the results.

You are a very brave lady.... 20 extractions. I am still hesitating between having that one tooth extracted or euthanasia.

"Ouality is like buying oats,

If you desire new fresh oats you have to pay a fair price"

Based on our personal experience here and that of friends, I would say that there's some variation in the quality of work you can have done, just as there is NOB. And there's some variation in the associated charges. This is one area where we don't bargain shop.

Thank you one and all for your advice and suggestions. Unfortunately my teeth are soft and I have seen the ceiling of many different dentist's offices. An expensive upper plate cost me an arm and a leg but is still uncomfortable. I have had many different experiences at the hands of qualified persons in both Europe and Canada. But having the tools to do the job doesn't always mean the job will be done right and we are at their mercy either way.

It looks like we will be visiting again soon, well within a few mouths anyway if you excuse the pun. Thanks again for the right answers :P

Thank you one and all for your advice and suggestions. Unfortunately my teeth are soft and I have seen the ceiling of many different dentist's offices. An expensive upper plate cost me an arm and a leg but is still uncomfortable. I have had many different experiences at the hands of qualified persons in both Europe and Canada. But having the tools to do the job doesn't always mean the job will be done right and we are at their mercy either way.

It looks like we will be visiting again soon, well within a few mouths anyway if you excuse the pun. Thanks again for the right answers :P

Good luck with whatever dentist you use. I had to laugh when you said," I have seen the ceiling of many different dentist's offices." I have noticed, there are some offices down here, that have their ceilings painted with a mural type, to get your mind off what is really happening. HA! HA!.

Fox

• 2 weeks later...

Good info as I was going to post on this subject anyway. Have a friend who wants to come for a holiday and new teeth - extractions and 1st set of dentures. I was hoping to hear from a few people who have had positive experiences locally with both. Anyone else recommended besides Dental Express?

At Dr. Haro's office, the spousal unit recently had two teeth extracted. They both had undergone root canal therapy 18-20 years ago and one of the teeth broke off, which precipitated the "just stopped in" visit to the office. Although they were fairly booked up, Dra. Pilar saw him within ten minutes of us showing up. She worked on the broken tooth in the lab for a few minutes and then was able to glue it back for a temporary fix. She took an X-ray and discovered underlying infection in the adjacent tooth. She proposed a treatment plan, prescribed an antibiotic and took an impression. She proposed extractions, an implant, and two crowns.

One week later, Dra. Pilar did the extractions and in the same session, the oral surgeon who comes in from Guadalajara did the implant, which also involved some cadaver bone due to the underlying infection. He currently is using a partial they made for him to fill the gap while he waits about five months for the implant to totally heal. Then they will place two crowns on the implant.

He had one follow up visit a week later with Dra. Ana to check on the healing and has another two weeks after that. He's very pleased with the treatment and with their chair side manner, explanations, etc. The cost for all of this is USD$1,700. I'm guessing the NOB price would be multiples of that.

Archived