Chapala.com Webboard

CostCo Toilet Paper

ComputerGuy

A comment from the "returns to CostCo" thread got me going here... a few months ago there was a thing on TV about CostCo's policies. One segment interviewed the woman in charge of toilet paper. Seriously. It was her job every day to test the toilet paper (gadz, I hope they give her other things to do, too...). The next time I bought one of those gigantic packs, I discovered that they had increased the thickness of the sheets. Now, I can't get the roll into my receptacle in the bathroom until I've used a bunch!

Around here, I have not been able to find a portarollo big enough, either, to replace the existing one, so I started checking out other TPs. Well, as you probably all know, the Mexican brands just do not come up to my strict NOB standards. But the bad news is, the Charmins and the Cottonelles are all scented with the weirdest smells that my poor proboscis finds outrageous. What is a person to do? (Once I get to Home Depot in Guadalajara I'll check 'em out there, of course...)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE the toilet paper here, I brought about 40 rolls of Charmin Ultra Soft and Strong with me in the car when I came and now I wish I had brought more. The charmin brand here is like the discount store brand back in the states. I have tried all of them and Cottenelle also, JUNK!!!

Is the Costco brand THICK and soft and strong? I hate to buy a huge bag of it if it is as sorry as the Charmin here. I may have to go back NOB sooner rather than later to buy TP and canned Dog Food...

I HATE the toilet paper here, I brought about 40 rolls of Charmin Ultra Soft and Strong with me in the car when I came and now I wish I had brought more. The charmin brand here is like the discount store brand back in the states. I have tried all of them and Cottenelle also, JUNK!!!

Is the Costco brand THICK and soft and strong? I hate to buy a huge bag of it if it is as sorry as the Charmin here. I may have to go back NOB sooner rather than later to buy TP and canned Dog Food...

..It's thick and soft and strong. Go and buy ONE roll from Superlake to try it out.

I like the idea of the great Ajijic WIPE OUT...do we get to hear that really great song of the same name?

To further the extension of this thread...Are you a crumpler or a folder? Apparently the way you use your toilet paper indicates certain personality traits. At least we're all anal.

To further the extension of this thread...Are you a crumpler or a folder? Apparently the way you use your toilet paper indicates certain personality traits.

I've always been a crumpler,what does that say about me?

I really like the Kleenex Cottonelle TP that they sell at Walmart/Soriana. It is strong, thick, and soft. It is perfumed but that isn't a deterent. No need to get TP at Costco.

..It's thick and soft and strong. Go and buy ONE roll from Superlake to try it out.

I like the idea of the great Ajijic WIPE OUT...do we get to hear that really great song of the same name?

To further the extension of this thread...Are you a crumpler or a folder? Apparently the way you use your toilet paper indicates certain personality traits. At least we're all anal.

I think you should all pitch in (as it were) to BRING your TP, but you should definitely each take your own used stuff home.

Three sheets, every time. Roll must hang with tail to the front, not to the wall.

RV, should this GAWO be sanctioned by the LCS? Should we hold meetings there for planning purposes? Or perhaps the Cafe Negro or Black Coffee (whichever people can find) over lattes? No, wait, as discussed, Cosmos... so we need a licensed location. Or maybe the new Meat Market Is Moving?

I love my discount Costco toilet paper. The only trouble is that now the Kirkland brand comes in packages of 30 instead of 36 :) I remember when in the military and TDY in Italy and having to ask for some TP. I was handed several pages of glossy magazine paper and sent to do my job.

I soon learned that if you wanted that glossy paper to work tat you had to crumple it up several times before using it. It wasn't very pleasant, but it worked.

just get the new wet wipes.

The DPW guys NOB are begging people to stop flushing the flushable wipes. Evidently they don't work very well and cost cities a fortune in plugs in the pipes. While I was up in Seattle they were begging in some cities to stop using them in the paper. Folks they don't work put them in the trashcan.

Many years ago I was travelling through France on my motorcycle. I was in need of somewhere really fast but you know how it is when you are touring to know that your stuff is safe. Anyway I found a toilet in an under ground parking lot and dashed in rushing past the lady doling out the paper not comprehending and closed the door..well all I had was my Map of France and that was used carefully. So now when I am abroad and touring I carry a spare roll..just in case :P

OK, since we're talking about "it".....I've been dying to ask a question...does EVERYONE put their used tp into the garbage can...I am a renter and when told this, was pretty grossed out! I'm ok with #1 paper but #2 paper???????? Really???

Archived