where do you get travel stamped for trip form Quad to Tijauna then san diego

traderspoc

appreciate advice

immigration card was not ready have travel letter for Monday 10/21

flying Guadalajara to Tijuana to then shuttle to san Diego

where do I get my letter stamped Guad or

at border in Tijuana

I would prefer Guad less crowded

has anyone had to do this before, get a travel; stamped and take volaris shuttle at border to san diego

appreciate your guidance

Yes: At the border INM office. It may be hard to find if on the southbound side, so ask when you approach and be careful not to cross without getting stamped in both directions. Also, check the stamp for legibility and correct date.

thank you

I will be getting off the shuttle near the gate, Is the INM office right or left near the drop off point on the Mexican side,

what forms do I need to fill and keep

You have to fill out the bottom part of the immigration document the top part of which you complete when entering Mexico. They will have the forms at the immigration desk/window. And I agree with "bdlngton", you can only do this at the point where you leave Mexico (i.e. Tijuana in your case) not in Guadalajara. I know this as we flew from Guadalajara to Mexico City fairly recently and then from Mexico City to Canada. We could only have our immigration form stamped in Mexico City

Small point but since this may be the first time you are doing this, be aware you can cross at San Ysidro or

Otay Mesa. The so called Volaris Shuttle is now run by Greyhoud or some other company. It goes to San Ysidro where the lines to cross are always longer. Last time I crossed, no one asked for my tourist card or stamped anything.

otay border crossing is the 805 freeway area , usually known as the trucker crossing.........

the other one is the Tijuana crossing...... border has been under construction for 12 months... that means the mexico immigration office was moved from the taxi side to the mexico exit to usa side.... there are some stairs where the people walking into mexico come down the stairs and are separated by some cones as you walk your way into the usa.

immigration office is through a hallway..... you will see the stop light button.... I would have a small sign that says officinal de imigracion? they will show you where to walk

Archived