Chapala.com Webboard

Exiting by air with Permanante

tomgates

I saw one post but wanted some clarification. So go to the immigration window first and have them stamp the little part and give that to the airline check in counter? Keep the big part and give that to immigration when returning? Thanks

Be vigilant at the immigration window if there are other people milling about. Friends had their laptop stolen while they were there, fumbling for paperwork, filling out the form. The professional theives work that area along with other parts of the airport.

A while back I grabbed a handful of the forms and brought them home with me so we could fill them about before going to the airport. Easier, and no waiting for "the pen" they have there. If you want a form, swing by and pick it up.

You are correct. We have our Permanente and left by air in April and just returned and turned in the big part. Immigaration accepted it scanned our cards and we were on our way. Don't forget the advice to print Residente Permanente on the top of the big and little side of the forms. Helps to prevent confusion at both ends.

Also, if you are on an early flight..... check the date they stamp your passport with. My brother and his wife came into Mexico at 4:30 AM and the INM agent was adjusting his stamp. Later, we found out that he had stamped their passports and visas with the wrong year. This caused problems later. Second time this has happened in our family, over the years. So: Check the date they stamp on any document.

Archived