Chapala.com Webboard

Autobus Tickets

chartiec

Can you go to OXXO and order a bus ticket? They have the schedules of the buses?

I have been buying tickets on line and paying at either a bank or OXXO but to pay at OXXO you have to have print the strip which is not always readable on their scanner.

Can you go to OXXO and order a bus ticket? They have the schedules of the buses?

I have been buying tickets on line and paying at either a bank or OXXO but to pay at OXXO you have to have print the strip which is not always readable on their scanner.

I usually look at the bus line website--normally ETN, but OXXO sells tickets on several bus lines--and make a mental note of the time I want to leave for wherever I'm going. Then I go to the nearest OXXO and ask for a ticket on that bus line and that time of day. The OXXO computer screen has all of the schedules and all of the available seats. OXXO honors the INAPAM discount, sells me the seat I want on the bus I want at the hour I want, takes my money, gives me a printed receipt, and that's that. When I go to the bus station, I just hand the printed receipt to the person taking tickets and get on the bus. It's no more difficult than going to buy a ticket at a travel agency, and certainly a lot less difficult than going to the bus station to get one. As for buying a ticket online, I have never been successful at that.

The very first time I bought a bus ticket at OXXO was in Ajijic, over a year ago.

I recently bought tickets on line with ETN. They give a 10% discount on the first direction and then an additional discount on the return if both are completed in one transaction. That also is in addition to the INAPAM discount. In the past, on line purchasing was touch and go, but it now seems to be working well.

That is good news to me as I have been buying them on the computer , printing the confirmation with the strip that can be scanned and paying at OXXo, I have had several problems with the printer not being good enough to be scanned in any OXXO.

Good news I will go t OXXO next time..

There is no need to go to an agency to get the 50% discount you can get the discount on the internet and select your seat. but I like the fact that you can buy direct from oxxo even better.

WHen I buy on the internet I either pay at OXXO or Banamex as you need a credit card and the sustem many times turns it down...so I just chose to pay direct.

Thanks that is nice information.

Archived