Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Citizenship

CSOKI

Wow. I have nothing of value to offer to this conversation other than my sympathies to Judy. My head has exploded just trying to wrap it around dealing with all the governmental departments scattered hither and yon. Suerte.

Thank you, your sympathies go a long way. You should go over to TOB and read the thread under 'Living', if you want to see idiocy other posts.

wow, all of this makes me really thankful that I took back my maiden name when I got divorced, and that my original (and all subsequent) passport was always in my maiden name.

Very wise. I kept the X's last name because I was living in a foreign country at the time of the divorce and my passport and green card had my married name on it. I regret not putting in the effort to change it a long time ago. What a stupid custom. The Mexicans have a much better system, in my opinion.

Yes going back to your original name keeps it simple but sometimes if you divorve and your married name is the name everyone knows, it is easier to keep it...

I just checked all my other documents and this is getting very interesting because none of the deeds, will, bank accounts and so on will have the exact same name so I have to see a notario to see what will be acceptable and what will not be acceptable..a real mess..

Archived