Chapala.com Webboard

US Notary in Lakeside

Any US Notary who notarized a document outside of his/her jurisdiction has committed an offense punishable by losing their status. Who the heck is dumb enough to do that for $250 pesos?

Notarios are part of the old Napoleonic system , they are lawyers and their office used to be what we

called a charge or cargo , they are a limited amount of positions avalable and often the charge is

inherited . If the children want the job have the necesary diplomas the job is passed on to them. It is a prestigious position nothing to do with notary public in the US.

They represent the State and are supposed to be impartial in transactions.

I am glad you said "supposed" to be impartial. My experience Notarios take bribes and give favors just like anyone else in Mexico.

That hasn't been my experience,our notario in Guadalajara,Lic.Lorenzo Bailon,twice President of the Colegio de Notarios de Jalisco, has always been professional,ethical and impartial.

They can not accept when its illegal, most people I talked misrepresented the US notary, not letting the institution know they were out of the country, letting the institution think they were still in the states.

it solved there problem, they completed the transaction.

its still illegal, for a US notary to sign a if they are not in the state they are a notary.

be careful that you know what your doing, because, the transaction could become null and void if the other party ever wanted out of the transaction.

Be prudent and get it done right with a Mexican notary or through the US consulate.

if you call the legal department of the institution you are you are having the transaction with, they would not accept it.

but sometimes someone just wants to get the transaction off there desk since they may money off it, like selling a home, or a car

and they may say it ok to do it. when its not legal

be prudent and get it done right.

in over 7 transaction in the last six years that needed a notary that I have done, all have accepted a Mexican notary.

Archived