Chapala.com Webboard

You must have your information wrong. I've been bringing in vitamins, supplements and herbs for years. They always go through customs. I've even had bottles opened by customs but they always get here. Large Corporations like Iherb certainly know the laws and wouldn't advertise shipping to Mexico if it was illegal.

I know people have been getting orders through customs from Puritan and other vitamin suppliers. Supposedly it is Mexican law but I've never heard of anyone not getting vitamins through customs so it must be Estafeta that is following that law to the letter.

I also know someone who had his own used clothing mailed to him and customs did not prevent it. Estafeta is stricter than the Laredo mail services and MX customs.

So this is good information (the list on what is not permitted by Estafeta) and I'll just stick to iherb.

Ebay comes in handy for so much else, it's nice to know about the membership saving shipping fees!

I know people have been getting orders through customs from Puritan and other vitamin suppliers. Supposedly it is Mexican law but I've never heard of anyone not getting vitamins through customs so it must be Estafeta that is following that law to the letter.

I also know someone who had his own used clothing mailed to him and customs did not prevent it. Estafeta is stricter than the Laredo mail services and MX customs.

Just to reply to RV Gringo, who is obviously not someone in need of probiotics, but also to reply to casual readers, YOGURT is NOT a sufficient source of probiotics AND eating flavored yogurt is NOT a good health practice--the sugar is bad for you--and plain yogurt will not give you the probiotics you are looking for. If you are in doubt, ask your doctor for confirmation and see a nutritionist.

• 1 month later...

The vitamin store across from Superlake says Alternative Pharmacy. They have many difficult to find vitamins and a naturpathic section. They also have shampoos, rubs for sore muscles, soaps, etc. They are next to the vivero and there is a chain link fence out front with the store set back off the side road. I always get parking.

There is also the store that is opposite the plaza in which El Torito resides...almost opposite Farmacia Christina....between Z gas and Telmex.

They do sell Puritan Pride products for sure. They're pricey but, in a pinch, they at least have them.

Hello Rainbow,

at

I know this is an old post, but rather than do a duplicate of request for Vitamin post,

I will start here....

Of those two (and other) vitamin stores... do any carry refrigerated probiotics, and if so

what brands?

Thanks to everyone here that takes the time to share their wealth of info!

Peter Panaderia (block or so west of Jaurez on lake side of Carretera) carries sauerkraut and kefir that are highly probiotic.

• 2 years later...

In December of 2013, I ordered about $100USD of vitamins/supplements from mercola.com and could not get them. Here is the response from the shipper:

In response to your request for information, we would like to confirm that in order to release your shipment from the Mexican customs, it is needed a Power of Attorney, Import License and Tax ID, unless the importer (consignee) provide these documents, the mexican authorities will return your package to origin on December 23th.

We appreciate your valuable time to provide us your feedback.

Customer Care

DHL Express México S.A. de C.V

Tel. 01800-7656-345

www.dhl.com.mx

I asked a friend who  has lived in Mexico more than 15 years about vitamin shipments to Mexico and she said that's not allowed. So, I assume the experience of the many posters on this thread is due to the inefficiency of the authorities. I have received some medical supplies through the mail without even a duty. The same supplies were turned back at the border on another occasion.

Archived